+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree629Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Seriously??? Gawd, I'm so tired of this. There shouldn't even be any "bubble" after such a short time. The networks really need to calm the hell down and give these shows a chance. This is getting ridiculous.
    I know it, but if it doesn't reach that demographic they want, then it's out! Same with Missing, it was on the bubble, I have no idea where it sits right now

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

wow last night's was intriguing. I still think Quinn is going to ruin something by giving info to Gideon (I loved him on Lie to Me). I like this show more with each new episode.

But it's still hard thinking Thatcher Grey is the President's right hand man

Loved the episode last night. The President is really disgusting though. IMO his obsession with Olivia is a distraction to him and that makes him dangerous as President. I would like a storyline of him being taken down and the Vice President stepping into office. Normally, crazy, blind love is fine. But, not in that case. It's just crazy. LOL

I think that the President's top assistant is behind the tape that he claims he received. Why wouldn't the President ask questions like how did it arrive, what kind of envelop, etc. Please.

I hate to be picky, but Shondra really needs to be careful with the ethical issues too. She is clueless about ethical responsibility on Grey's Anatomny and Private Practice, but I really wish she would do her homework on Scandal. Can someone tell me how the attorney who represented the guy with rape charges was related to Olivia's firm? Was that attorney with her group, paid by her group, working under the direction of her group?

I am so impressed with the actress who is playing Olivia. That woman has loads of talent IMO.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The biggest question I have right now is this... What's Cy's angle?

I do believe the First Lady does know about her husband's feelings for Olivia. Either she knew... and invited Olivia to the State Dinner... or she suspected... and invited Olivia to the State Dinner to confirm her suspicions.

The intern? Very interesting storyline and I give Shonda mad props for making this one very intricate with a slew of twists and turns that leaves it as anything but mundane/routine.

JoBeth Williams sure looks different each time I see her and it's not just the weight gain. She just looks different. Granted Poltergeist was ages and ages ago but she was just on Private Practice as Addison's mom and I almost didn't recognize her on Scandal last night. She's such a good actress

Love this show and really wanna figure out Cy's angle!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    The biggest question I have right now is this... What's Cy's angle?

I do believe the First Lady does know about her husband's feelings for Olivia. Either she knew... and invited Olivia to the State Dinner... or she suspected... and invited Olivia to the State Dinner to confirm her suspicions.

The intern? Very interesting storyline and I give Shonda mad props for making this one very intricate with a slew of twists and turns that leaves it as anything but mundane/routine.

JoBeth Williams sure looks different each time I see her and it's not just the weight gain. She just looks different. Granted Poltergeist was ages and ages ago but she was just on Private Practice as Addison's mom and I almost didn't recognize her on Scandal last night. She's such a good actress

Love this show and really wanna figure out Cy's angle!!!

Okay, last week I wasn't sure, but now I know that the the First Lady knows about his "need" of Olivia. It is probably wise of her to accommodate this during their stay in the White House. Perhaps we'll learn that she knew during the making of this president by Cy and Olivia and was by that time more interested in the role than the man ? She said she wants him to have what he needs ... so in return she gets what she needs. Maybe her next need is a run of her own".

Cy's angle may very well be similar to the First Lady's. A serious scandal could/would ruin his "career" plans but he's in a better spot if he is the main control. He is a chief adviser to the sleepless "leader of the free world" and seems to be a master puppeteer.

I do like the show ... but I prefer to have some things better resolved at the end of an episode. Too many cliff hangers and they may lose their grip.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This episode made me believe more that the First Lady at least suspects something. Seemed like inviting Olivia to the dinner was a trap and she was waiting to catch the two of them together, which would have happened except for Cyrus' interference. Loved Jeff Perry back in his Nash Bridges day, but I had already stopped watching Grey's by the time he showed up there. He is a dirty dog and whatever deals he has working behind the scenes are sure to come back to bite him in the butt . . . . . but . . . . . who is he gonna take down before that happens?

Wasn't fond of the storyline for this one, although it was nice to see the spoiled rich kid not win in the end. Not enough Steven in this episode for me. I started watching because of HIC.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm pleasantly surprised by Scandal and can actually claim it as my new favorite show. :-)
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msmamba View Post
    i'm pleasantly surprised by scandal and can actually claim it as my new favorite show. :-)
    woohoo!!!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

you know I was thinking...I know I know...thats dangerous but since ABC does both shows wouldn't Olivia Pope be just the type of person that Victoria Grayson would hire???? That would probably bring a showdown between Olivia and Emily...who the biggest witch ....mmmm...that's one showdown I would love to see
    Coco46 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Loved the episode last night. The President is really disgusting though. IMO his obsession with Olivia is a distraction to him and that makes him dangerous as President. I would like a storyline of him being taken down and the Vice President stepping into office. Normally, crazy, blind love is fine. But, not in that case. It's just crazy. LOL

I think that the President's top assistant is behind the tape that he claims he received. Why wouldn't the President ask questions like how did it arrive, what kind of envelop, etc. Please.

I hate to be picky, but Shondra really needs to be careful with the ethical issues too. She is clueless about ethical responsibility on Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, but I really wish she would do her homework on Scandal. Can someone tell me how the attorney who represented the guy with rape charges was related to Olivia's firm? Was that attorney with her group, paid by her group, working under the direction of her group?

I am so impressed with the actress who is playing Olivia. That woman has loads of talent IMO.
    From what I gathered, and she stated as much if I recall, she 'found him the best defense attorney she could'. Way I felt it, her firm was working for the mother.. the lawyer was for the son. They are not typical lawyers, so there isn't much representation in court cases.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread