+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Like Tree597Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

I don't think Mellie really likes anything. I don't really think she even loves Fitz. Not really. She loves the power that comes along with being First Lady. I think she had children because that's what is expected of a political wife and I definitely think she got pregnant again as a manipulation. She clearly didn't care about the health of that baby, since she had the doctor induce early.

Of all the schemers on this show and people with questionable morals, Mellie is the worst. I don't even think she cares if Fitz is happy or not. It's only about winning.
    bee stung lips and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Mellie really likes anything. I don't really think she even loves Fitz. Not really. She loves the power that comes along with being First Lady. I think she had children because that's what is expected of a political wife and I definitely think she got pregnant again as a manipulation. She clearly didn't care about the health of that baby, since she had the doctor induce early.

Of all the schemers on this show and people with questionable morals, Mellie is the worst. I don't even think she cares if Fitz is happy or not. It's only about winning.
    Yes, and that's more evident with each week. Mellie, it's all about Mellie.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So next week's show will apparently have jumped ahead ten years later, I read???

Oh my! Ten YEARS? Babies grew up fast enough on the old soap operas but that would be something else!

It was "only" ten MONTHS . . . . like that isn't far enough ahead, just shy of being one-fifth of the time Fitz has in office!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It didn't look 10 years in the preview. I don't know if I like that
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oops, sorry, my bad, guys. I meant to say next week's episode will have jumped ahead ten months in time, not ten years. Ten years later might have shown Fitz in the nursing home with a walker...well not really, but almost....
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Oops, sorry, my bad, guys. I meant to say next week's episode will have jumped ahead ten months in time, not ten years. Ten years later might have shown Fitz in the nursing home with a walker...well not really, but almost....
    I did think you may have meant months. I don't know if I even like that - but they don't consult me

I wish David would work with Olivia and her team

I noticed also when Fitz kissed Mellie, it was a peck, with pursed lips( half a fish kiss) Now when he kisses Olivia Va-voom!
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Scandal

Yes Fitz' kiss with Mellie was very purse-lipped wasn't it? Totally forced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't think any of them can talk about being moral or not at this point lol. Fitz is now a murderer, which to me is the worst sin. Mellie, for all her faults has not gone to that extreme, but yes she clearly is not going to win mother of the year anytime soon lol. Cyrus was willing to off his husband for pete's sake. Olivia has Huck as her weapon. To me they are all pretty much on the same level when it comes to morality at this point. Not much redeeming about any of them now. There really isn't a *good guy* to root for anymore. The Gladiators though - I can still root for them!

Still love the show though! 10 months ahead... that should be interesting. I guess to allow the fall out to have some time to settle.

I will be happy to see the show shift from Fitz and Olivia problems, and back on to new characters and their scandals.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think any of them can talk about being moral or not at this point lol. Fitz is now a murderer, which to me is the worst sin. Mellie, for all her faults has not gone to that extreme, but yes she clearly is not going to win mother of the year anytime soon lol. Cyrus was willing to off his husband for pete's sake. Olivia has Huck as her weapon. To me they are all pretty much on the same level when it comes to morality at this point. Not much redeeming about any of them now. There really isn't a *good guy* to root for anymore. The Gladiators though - I can still root for them!

Still love the show though! 10 months ahead... that should be interesting. I guess to allow the fall out to have some time to settle.

I will be happy to see the show shift from Fitz and Olivia problems, and back on to new characters and their scandals.

Was Cyrus going to kill his husband, I thought he was going after David. Sometimes I need to watch this show twice, sloooooooooooowly.In the previews, Olivia has a new man in her life, Fitz wont like that- Not one tiny bit
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi Fanny =D Yes, Cyrus was going to have Charlie kill his husband because he was testifying before the grand jury, blowing the whistle on Ohiogate. He called it off at the very last second though. Then the husband (sorry name escapes me) ended up lying on the stand. I don't know if Fitz is going to care about Olivia's love life or not. He seemed to have written her off.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread