+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: Scandal

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Scandal

Whoa, a few twists there I didn't see coming. Hubby totally called the scene with Fitz in Verna's hospital room. I said "no way" but he said just you wait and see. I still don't understand why Fitz asked Mellie at the end if she was going be by his side, no matter what happens. Didn't he hear Verna tell him about who was in on the vote rigging? Mellie was in on it, as well as Cyrus and Olivia. So why isn't he as livid with her as he is with Olivia?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Whoa, a few twists there I didn't see coming. Hubby totally called the scene with Fitz in Verna's hospital room. I said "no way" but he said just you wait and see. I still don't understand why Fitz asked Mellie at the end if she was going be by his side, no matter what happens. Didn't he hear Verna tell him about who was in on the vote rigging? Mellie was in on it, as well as Cyrus and Olivia. So why isn't he as livid with her as he is with Olivia?
    Because Fitz has always known who Mellie is. What you see with her is what you get. He thought Olivia was someone special, to be revered. Fitz told Mellie he had no one he could trust. At least he knows where she stands and she will stand with him as President so she can be First Lady. Them against the world, so to speak.
    mesachick likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Because Fitz has always known who Mellie is. What you see with her is what you get. He thought Olivia was someone special, to be revered. Fitz told Mellie he had no one he could trust. At least he knows where she stands and she will stand with him as President so she can be First Lady. Them against the world, so to speak.

He THINKS he knows where she stands. One stray move and instead of standing ... she'll be dancing "on his grave".

I loved so much of this episode ... but especially Olivia's Gladiators!
    Coco46 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

HOLY.CRAP. that is all.

Love the twists and turns. Fitz is a fool to trust Mellie.

I LOVE the Gladiators - love their commitment.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My head was spinning after last night's episode. I think it might have been from lack of oxygen. When I wasn't holding my breath waiting to see what was happening next, I was yelling at the tv to stop what I thought was gonna happen next!

Everybody is so hurt.

Big question: Is Fitz REALLY thinking Mellie is his only ally, or is he playing her to get what he wants?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well, at least in this episode Fitz redeemed himself a little bit, even though he did murder Verna. lol It won't last long though. He can't keep it in his pants. No way.

Poor Olivia suffers from battered woman syndrome. I'm glad the writers had the nerve to have her admit it without reservation that she is addicted to being abused in order to feel love. Her ex-boyfriend should run for his life. She had nothing to offer you buddy.

Olivia and Mellie will figure out who killed Verna. The problem is they both love him no matter what and either of them will stick by him....the great prize that he is. lol

I don't think Mellie is any more untrustworthy than Fitz. In fact, he's the cheater. I pray Mellie does have Plan B in her pocket....just in case. Fidelity is not his thing.

SPECULATION: AND I fear that he is playing Mellie to get her off her guard. Fitz has MURDERED with his own bare hands. He's gotten a taste of what it's like and he may now see that he can kill Mellie and avoid the wrath of voters. He won't have to get a divorce. In fact he can garner sympathy as a widow! He may not even be upset with Olivia. He may have just thrown her off so she would not appear to be complicit with his murder scheme. Pure speculation of course.

I loved the threat that Mellie made of what she would do to Fitz if he divorces her. It sounded about right to me. lol I just hope Mellie is careful. Things may not be as they seem.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

She did say she would bury him AND dance on his grave. Not the first time she has made a threat about his demise.

I like your speculation Debb70 - about throwing her off so as to not implicate her.

Fitz is probably thinking that Olivia went along with rigging the election because she felt he didn't have what it took to get elected on his own. Yes, he's hurt. Can he quit her cold turkey? Oh, I doubt that very much!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OMG at ithis week's episode! That is all.

When they flashed back to when Fitz was in Verna's hospital room, I got a sinking feeling he was going to hasten her demise, although I thought he was going to smother her with a pillow...but WOW, what a scene.

Heart is breaking for Olivia. Just breaking. But she did said she was addicted to painful love, so...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Man another great episode! Love how Huck handled Quinn.

So Fitz is a murderer now - crazy! I really liked the scene where he realized Mellie was the only one that he can actually know where he stands. She's never been one to mince words lol. I also believe that she really does love him. I don't feel bad for Olivia - you reap what you sow! Fitz was so cold to her! I did feel bad though, that to her love means being in pain. That's a really twisted way to view it.

This is fast becoming my favorite must see tv!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Fitz is only setting Mellie up to make her think he wants to be with her. His "about-face" and changing his mind about wanting to be with Olivia was too abrupt for it to be anything else. But by the time he completes whatever he's planning, Olivia will have moved on with someone else (marrying Edison,perhaps?), even though she won't be over Fitz.

And Mellie's "nobody likes babies" comment to Cyrus was strange; I think she was implying that she really wasn't into having another baby, but did it just to get Fitz back. And I'm sure in hindsight, to her, it appears to have worked like a charm.

So next week's show will apparently have jumped ahead ten years later, I read???
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread