+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Great episode last night! Bee - I think the reason she had her labor induced was to try to bring Fitz back closer to her emotionally. Remember when she was discussing their other kids births, she was saying how Fitz was there, holding her hand, and they had never been closer? So that is my guess anyway. Something to help try to stop the divorce.

Speaking of these kids - have they ever been mentioned before? Where are they?? There are at least two of them. Did I miss some part where they were mentioned in another episode?
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Great episode last night! Bee - I think the reason she had her labor induced was to try to bring Fitz back closer to her emotionally. Remember when she was discussing their other kids births, she was saying how Fitz was there, holding her hand, and they had never been closer? So that is my guess anyway. Something to help try to stop the divorce.

Speaking of these kids - have they ever been mentioned before? Where are they?? There are at least two of them. Did I miss some part where they were mentioned in another episode?
    Thanks for making sense of that for me. I'm slow to clue in sometimes. But it makes perfect sense that Mellie would use that tactic to bring Fitz closer to her in an effort to prevent a divorce. I must say, when he walked in the room and Mellie was screaming from labour pains, and Fitz just stood there, for a moment I thought he wouldn't take her hand. No matter how much I want Fitz with Olivia, for him not to have taken his wife's hand and support her during labour would have been so wrong.

I've often wondered about Fitz and Mellie's children too. I think this week's episode was the first time we've even heard one of them mention the kids names. I don't think we even know their ages, do we? I wonder if we'll get to see them soon? I'm thinking possibly, if Mellie plans on using them to make Fitz feel guilty for wanting a divorce.
    mesachick likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

They have been mentioned before. There was an episode in the first season where she was preparing to (this is where my memory gets foggy) either take them on vacation OR take them to live elsewhere while she and Fitz were having problems. I just remember that they were supposed to be leaving because, at the time, I was thinking the hadn't ever really been there! I'm thinking this was around the time the whole Amanda thing was blowing up.

I would not have been able to tell you their names if you'd offered me a million dollar prize!
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 02-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Wow, I've hardly any recollection of Mellie and Fitz having children! So convenient to bring them up now, Shonda. I'm expecting them to be mentioned more going forward and being used as a "complication".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I didn't know they had children. I guess I missed that, but I see why she wanted to induce the birth. She hated when he called her champ while in labour, and yet he did it again with this child
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did we say that Mellie still had one month to go before her due date? There is absolutely no way an ob/gyn doctor would induce labor that early unless the baby was in some kind of distress. There is a lot that happens in that last month for the baby , especially the maturity of the lungs. I guess I just need to go with the storyline and not worry about reality.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Did we say that Mellie still had one month to go before her due date? There is absolutely no way an ob/gyn doctor would induce labor that early unless the baby was in some kind of distress. There is a lot that happens in that last month for the baby , especially the maturity of the lungs. I guess I just need to go with the storyline and not worry about reality.

Mellie makes a point of saying it when we see her at her doctors appt. It was something like "four weeks and two days". She was very specific.

I suppose the argument could be made that no doctor in their right mind would induce labor that early for a woman in a healthy pregnancy . . . . . unless that woman happens to be married to the leader of the free world. While I'm sure the doctor could have protested, the threat of having her license torn up into little bits and never working again could have been the first thing out of Mellie's mouth.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Mellie makes a point of saying it when we see her at her doctors appt. It was something like "four weeks and two days". She was very specific.

I suppose the argument could be made that no doctor in their right mind would induce labor that early for a woman in a healthy pregnancy . . . . . unless that woman happens to be married to the leader of the free world. While I'm sure the doctor could have protested, the threat of having her license torn up into little bits and never working again could have been the first thing out of Mellie's mouth.
    Yes, what Mellie wants - Mellie gets.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Yes, what Mellie wants - Mellie gets.
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched last week's episode in shock. Lots of things going on. Still, the biggest thing to me was Millie in labor. How is that possible? To enduce labor a month early? Too crazy IMO. When Millie described two other babies, I got the idea that those babies died. If they have two other children, why in the world would they not have been mentioned by now. I know someone up thread said they were mentioned early on. I didn't catch it.

So, if they have children, Fitz is sitting around his desk day after day pining over his mistress with no regard for his kids who are out of sight. And Millie is no better. I'll reserve judgment until we see everything that happens. Right now, I'm more disgusted with Fitz than ever and pray he does proced with the divorce. Go for it Fitz. You deserve everything you have coming to you. lol

So if Hollis did not pay Becky to kill Fitz, who did? Was it Millie and she will she die in childbirth, leaving an infant and widow President to raise the child? Enter Olivia Pope as first lady?????Just speculating.

IMO, Olivia isn't sorry she did wrong, she's sorry she got caught. She's all bent out of shape over the election rigging, but bedding down with another woman's husband, doesn't cause her to bat an eye. Please.

+ Reply to Thread