+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

With this show, anything is possible! I'm even wondering if they are going to dig into the election scam and discover that the scam didn't work as they thought it did. Any chance of that? Still, it's illegal to do what they did, regardless of the result, but I can't see them all getting caught and going to prison. How would the show continue if that happened? lOl

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I doubt that very highly. We've never seen Mellie be inappropriate with another man, unlike Fitz and Olivia. You never know though. I suppose the writers might create that so there's an easy out for Fitz. I hope not though. That's lazy writing.

While it's true that we've never seen her be "inappropriate with another man", we do know that she's not exactly trustworthy.

My inkling came more from the fact that - on most occasions - Fitz didn't seem to want to be in the same room with Mellie, let alone the same bed.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 01-27-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Don't forget that that married woman is also pregnant by her husband. Olivia needs to step back. All she is doing is destroying a family at this point. Not exactly something to be proud of.
    We have no proof at this point that Mellie is in fact pregnant for Fitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Astounding. It's a television show and I certainly don't expect it to reflect any one person's particular specific version of morality.

I continue to see expressions of personal interpretations of scenes/storylines/characters/etc as if they're fact... when they're not. It's fine to interpret as you see it and say it's your opinion or the way you took it but that's far from what I'm seeing. Instead, interpretations are stated as fact when unless you wrote the script yourself... or read a linkable interview with Shonda Rhimes in which she states how she wrote it and what she was conveying in the script... it's conjecture based on your interpretation.

Enjoy yourselves. I'll just enjoy the show.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 01-27-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    bee stung lips and brumgirl like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I enjoy the show for what it is. I like Grey's the same way - once I don't like a show, I stop watching . Scandal, however- well I am addicted
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    While it's true that we've never seen her be "inappropriate with another man", we do know that she's not exactly trustworthy.

My inkling came more from the fact that - on most occasions - Fitz didn't seem to want to be in the same room with Mellie, let alone the same bed.
    Of course he doesn't, he's banging Olivia. Clearly he doesn't love his wife, and now she's just in the way of him being able to be with another woman. Darn those spouses! Always getting in the way of an affair!

As for who is the baby daddy, there is also zero proof that Fitz isn't the father. It wasn't like it was a shock to him or anything.

The bottom line is that Fitz is a married man with a baby on the way, who is having an affair with another woman, who has full knowledge of his marital status. It's not moral. It's not ok to do. It does happen though. Like it or not, enjoy it or not, can we at least call it what it is? An affair. Fitz and Olivia should just keep their hands to themselves, Fitz get his divorce, and then they can go at it all they want.
    Last edited by mesachick; 01-27-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    combatcutie, march and Debb70 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Like Marlena said, I just enjoy the show. If I based my enjoyment of TV shows and movies on what I thought was moral or immoral, I'd be watching reruns of The Little House on the Prairie and nothing else for the rest of my life.

I try not to take it all so seriously, since it's fiction after all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I agree, as do I. I do enjoy the show. I'm also not basing my enjoyment on the show on their affair as its just one aspect of a bigger picture. I just won't look at her relationship with Fitz through rose colored glasses. I know too many people in real life who've had their lives, and their families, shattered by selfish spouses who cheated on them, to find their relationship ok or appealing. It's all good. If we all agreed on everything, the boards would be rather boring. I wonder how Fitz will feel about her (and Mellie) when he finds out that they rigged the win for him. Thank goodness for Huck! He is my favorite character on the show.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yes, I think we are invited by the writer to survey the characters and take away our own feelings about their conduct. Shades of morality vary from person to person. I do believe that Shonda is aware that she can't hold out the affair with Fitz and Olivia and not get some feedback of it being sleazy and wrong, even though we all know it's a tv show that is designed for entertainment. Still, most of the time in my fiction, I like to root for the good guy or gal. In this case, I don't find Fitz or Olivia to be that, due to their "scandalous" conduct. LOL
    mesachick likes this.

VERY interesting interpretations and comments by all.

I keep thinking that Fitz is just the puppet Pres and these people all want to be first in line to be pulling the strings.

Both women are using their "wiles" to achieve this. It's just business ... if you get my drift.

This is just my interpretation and how I see it. I do enjoy the show.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread