+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree629Likes

Thread: Scandal

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Also, I don't think she's as arrogant/confident as she looks. There was a moment in the episode where a crack in that front was revealed. It was just a glimpse (when she was at the WH. I think once they delve more into the character, we'll see that a bit more.
    Agree!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

You have to figure if Shonda likes you, you'll have a job. She loves recycling actors - love Josh Malina and he was on GA once and the woman who played his wife on GA was also on Scandal.

I liked the show - the President was on one of my favorite episodes of Without a Trace (doppelganger - when the one twin committed murder, but they had the same DNA).

Anyway, back to Scandal - it was good - gladiators in a suit. I'll continue to watch to see if it holds my interest.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have it DVR'd and will watch it soon.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Man, I loved that show! I'm really surprised that it was so good!

FORT Fanatic

Im torn on this new series. While it captured my attention for awhile, i couldn't understand why it shocked her that the President was
    lying (a leopard almost never changes it's spots?). Yeah, i get the title is "scandal", but i need the material to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Just watched it on DVR and here's my one word impression. PHENOMENAL.
    I don't care that it wasn't 100% authentic about the military / Medal of Honor part. Don't care one bit. I watch episodic television for entertainment... not authenticity... so unless it's about a very specific thing of which I'm very intimately aware I won't notice the "errors" (and if I'm that intimately aware, I won't watch a tv show about it since I know they muck it up to be entertaining).
    As I previously expressed. The repeated reference to Medal of Honor winner just irked me and also distracted me from the story because I do care.
    It certainly diminished my entertainment.

This is a glaring error and I believe that we owe Medal of Honor recipients some appreciation via accuracy. That he was was portrayed as a CMH recipient and a Marine was used to heighten the drama in my opinion makes the lack of accuracy shameful and disrespectful.

I guess I could write to the network/producers and ask them to do better ... but they probably wouldn't care.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    As I previously expressed. The repeated reference to Medal of Honor winner just irked me and also distracted me from the story because I do care.
    It certainly diminished my entertainment.

This is a glaring error and I believe that we owe Medal of Honor recipients some appreciation via accuracy. That he was was portrayed as a CMH recipient and a Marine was used to heighten the drama in my opinion makes the lack of accuracy shameful and disrespectful.

I guess I could write to the network/producers and ask them to do better ... but they probably wouldn't care.
    Ok so we disagree. No harm no foul.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I loved this show. Wow. I heard Ms. Washington on NPR and in the middle of the interview they mentioned she was black. It was a great interview and I was happy that the lead wasn't a cookie-cutter blond for this type of show. It's like Angel and Equalizer. It was great that they showed that she has her weakness.

So good!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I fell asleep last night and missed the show...it should be on demand later today..problem with falling asleep at 9:00 I wake up at 3:00 grrrrrr can someone give me an update on what happend...appreciate it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I fell asleep last night and missed the show...it should be on demand later today..problem with falling asleep at 9:00 I wake up at 3:00 grrrrrr can someone give me an update on what happend...appreciate it
    I'll try. Someone was talking to me during the show and would not zip it up. I'll do my best from what I was able to hear. LOL
    I'm not up on all names yet, so bear with me.

Great episode. Things are going to get very sticky! What an exciting show.

Olivia is hired to represent a madam from D.C. who is under investigation for running a call girl business for years. She's now in her 50's -60's. Her clients were big shots, judges, doctors, politicians, etc. Madam kept a secret log of them that is very dangerous. Olivia disovers that one of the johns on the list is a recently appointed US Supreme Court Justice that the President has just nominated. She lets the President know they tell the Nominee they know about his indiscretion and ask him to withdraw. He denies the involvment flatly and refuses to withdraw. Olivia believes he is telling the truth. The prosecutor's office issues a subpoena for the list. Olivia fights to keep it secret.

Olivia has reason to see the President again because of this. He asked her to forgive him and take him back. She runs out, but it's obvious she is torn. The President's right hand man confronts the President and gives him his support to hide the affair. President tells him Olivia is the love of his life. President is shown being loving to his wife. Wife knows and likes Olivia. Ouuuuuggggghhhhh.

The intern that President had affair with, attempts suicide. Olivia feels bad, trys to help her. Small blurb appears on-line about it.No one knows of affair yet, just that she quit her job and then attempts suicide. Olivia and President fear tabloids will pick up and run with it. Reporter shows up at hospital to question Intern. Olivia's assistance runs him away. Olivia and assist convince Intern to allow them to represent her, because reporters can be relentless and never let the story go. Olivia warns that Intern cannot win in the matter and her life will never be the same if affair is discovered. That reporter shows up at Olivia's office and smells a rat. The story continues.........Olivia will try to protect her ex-lover and the Intern.

Meanwhile Olivia discovers that the Supreme Court Justice Nominee's wife used to work for the call girl agency many years ago when she first met her husband. That's why his name is on the list. He didn't know his former girlfriend was a call girl. She wrote him down as a client so she could date him, but he never paid, she did. She also kept working to make money to put him through law school and buy all the stuff as they got married. She is forced to tell her hubby and he is not amused. because the list with the names has been subpoeaned by the prosecutor's office.

Olivia's group goes out and brings all the johns into her office for a meeting. She explains how horrible it would be if their names got out and asked for a favor. This is where I lost it. They do agree to the favor to save themselves from exposure, but I missed what they did. Maybe some else can help with that.

+ Reply to Thread