+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Also, why did she pull those scissors out?! I too, liked her in the beginning and now I'm wondering how her character changed so quickly.
    Debb70 likes this.

If she had not pulled the scissors out and instead called 911, there is a small chance that he could have survived. I guess she never took a first aid class or watched any ER shows. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I really hope that Quinn is not a POTUS love child. He doesn't even seem old enough to have a child of that age anyway.

I can't decide if I like this show yet or not. Olivia really is starting to annoy me. No one's allowed to cry that works for her, but she's shed plenty of tears. She had an affair with the President. She's kissing on him still (he's still a married man). Covers up a crime scene. She certainly isn't one made of morals it seems. My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a "good guy" on this show at all. I am still going to watch in the fall, but it would be nice to have someone to root for in some sense.

Your out of luck if your looking for a totally good guy or girl to root for on this show. Shonda Rhimes has said when speaking about this show that she doesn't believe in people/characters being totally good or totally bad. She believes that every truly flawed human being can be capable of doing good things/ having heroic moments and every hero can have flaws or do bad things on occasion. She wrote her characters for this show with that mindset.

Shonda gave examples of it like how Olivia is a truly good person who has had lapses in judgement. The other example is the president Fitz. She said, is he a good guy who just so happened to find the love of his life while he was married to someone else, or is he a serial womanizer/adulterer who just happened to fall in love with Olivia. The intrigue in the show is to find which is which, and sometimes just when you think you have it figured out, the surprise is that you guessed wrong (ex. Cyrus in the finale).

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Your out of luck if your looking for a totally good guy or girl to root for on this show. Shonda Rhimes has said when speaking about this show that she doesn't believe in people/characters being totally good or totally bad. She believes that every truly flawed human being can be capable of doing good things/ having heroic moments and every hero can have flaws or do bad things on occasion. She wrote her characters for this show with that mindset.

Shonda gave examples of it like how Olivia is a truly good person who has had lapses in judgement. The other example is the president Fitz. She said, is he a good guy who just so happened to find the love of his life while he was married to someone else, or is he a serial womanizer/adulterer who just happened to fall in love with Olivia. The intrigue in the show is to find which is which, and sometimes just when you think you have it figured out, the surprise is that you guessed wrong (ex. Cyrus in the finale).

I love that about this show!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post

Oh, I believe Shonda said that. She's very full of herself. I think that Shonda will stoop to any level to insult her viewers. She gets away with it, so why shouldn't she? She refuses to do basic research on major issues in her shows. She repeatedly has her characters do things that are not rational, ethical or legal and moves right along. I skipped GA for years because of this. I went back recently. I did the same thing with PP.

I pray she doesn't screw up Scandal. I love the show so far. I just try not to think about who the writer/creator is. LOL

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I love that about this show!
    Same here!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

DVD of Season One comes out next Tuesday - June 12th.

Searched around for prices and it looks like it's about $20. IMHO, that's a bit much considering it has just SEVEN episodes on it.

However, you can go to ABC and print out a coupon for $10 off.

ABCTVonDVDCoupon
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Well, I guess I can save myself that $10 from NOT buying the dvd and somebody is gonna have to let me know who Quinn really is because I just lost my reason for watching Scandal.

Scandal Season 2 -- Henry Ian Cusick Not Returning, Joshua Malina Promoted to Regular - TVLine
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I like Cusick's character. That's too bad. But I'm a HUGE Joshua Malina fan, so that makes me giddy.
    FireWoman likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Thanks for posting. I love Henry Ian Cusick (for me he will forever be Desmond no matter what else he does) and am sad to see him not returning to Scandal. I do enjoy Josh Malina quite a bit so that will be nice to see him more often next season.

I gave up on Fringe long ago but may have to go back if Desmond, er, HIC, is on

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread