+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

I really hope that Quinn is not a POTUS love child. He doesn't even seem old enough to have a child of that age anyway.

I can't decide if I like this show yet or not. Olivia really is starting to annoy me. No one's allowed to cry that works for her, but she's shed plenty of tears. She had an affair with the President. She's kissing on him still (he's still a married man). Covers up a crime scene. She certainly isn't one made of morals it seems. My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a "good guy" on this show at all. I am still going to watch in the fall, but it would be nice to have someone to root for in some sense.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As for the question of age:

POTUS must be at least 35 . . . . . . but historically speaking, our youngest Presidents have been Roosevelt at 42 (who wasn't elected as Fitz was) and Kennedy at 43.

Let's say Quinn's birthday had her starting first grade on the day she turned six. She's 17 1/2 when she graduates high school. Law school is a four year degree, right? If we believe she is smart enough to graduate without needing to repeat any classes, she could be in her early 20's now . . . . approximately 22. Even if she needed another year or two, she wouldn't be any older than 25.

If he's been in office for a couple of years, he'd be 45-ish, making him in his late teens or early twenties at the time Quinn was born. Entirely possible.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Lordy... it's a fictional show lol. But I can play too... Let's say that he got in to office at 35. This is obviously his first term and it's also clear that he's in his first or second year. So that would make him 37 or 38. Most people are 22 when they start law school, add at least 4 years to that to graduate, she'd be 26 or 27. That would mean that he would have had to be 10 or 11 when he got the mother pregnant. Not entirely impossible granted, but hardly plausible and pretty gross.

He still doesn't SEEM old enough to be her sperm donor, regardless. I am hoping upon hope that she has nothing to do with being a child of his. I doubt she is too, since she seems to know whatever this secret is as well. Plus, how unoriginal of an idea. That and what with David breaking the law and saying something to the effect of - If anyone else ran her fingerprints every national security agency would be here. That to me, means that she wouldn't be some unknown love child. She could be a fugitive, a protected witness, a diplomat's kid, or someone who was supposed to be dead. I am sure Shonda came up with something more original that the love child of the President. *crosses fingers*

I'm not trying to disagree with anyone on the age thing, but most schools are 3 years if you attend full time. That wouldn't make difference though. I think the idea of Quinn being the President's daughter is not likely, but hey, it it Sonda Rhimes right? Anything is possible. LOL

Yes it is a fictional show, but it's fun to imagine just who she could be. If Fitz is 35 (or 36 or 37) he looks like (a phrase my neighbor is fond of saying) like he's been rode hard and put up wet. Tony Goldwyn himself was born in 1960, making him 52. They don't appear to be trying to change his age one way or the other.

As for the "every national security agency" comment - the would most likely included the Secret Service. As the child of the President, she'd be entitled to protection. He did NOT give a reason why those agencies would be coming and it's short-sighted (considering, as Debb70 pointed out, that it's a show written by Shonda Rhimes) to believe that their only reason would be to arrest her.

And as far as originality of the idea goes, we don't know who Quinn's mother is. I'm sure - given a creative enough mind - a 'twist' there could be even more interesting than who donated the sperm.

I hear ya Sew&Sew. I just am hoping for something more creative than her being the child of POTUS is all.

I think . . . . maybe . . . . Scandal had to finish strong, not knowing if they'd be renewed or not. It's quite possible that even they haven't decided yet who Quinn used to be!

They wouldn't have needed a backstory if there hadn't been a second season. I am sure they had multiple ideas of where they could take the story, and I for one am looking forward to the big reveal!!!
    bee stung lips and mesachick like this.

I'm kind of dreading a storyline around who she is, because she seems to act like an idiot and I can't stand that. I guess every show has to have a token screw up and I guess she's theirs.
    bee stung lips likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm kind of dreading a storyline around who she is, because she seems to act like an idiot and I can't stand that. I guess every show has to have a token screw up and I guess she's theirs.
    Interesting, Debb. I actually liked Quinn quite a bit in the very beginning. I mean, the VERY beginning when Harrison met her in that bar and was trying to get her to join the firm. THAT is when I liked her. After that it pretty much went downhill. She seems jumpy, nervous, anxious, etc... and she makes extremely rookie "mistakes". I'd like her to find her place, show some self confidence and recognize (and display for us) what she has to offer and why Olivia recruited her the way she did in the first place
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Interesting, Debb. I actually liked Quinn quite a bit in the very beginning. I mean, the VERY beginning when Harrison met her in that bar and was trying to get her to join the firm. THAT is when I liked her. After that it pretty much went downhill. She seems jumpy, nervous, anxious, etc... and she makes extremely rookie "mistakes". I'd like her to find her place, show some self confidence and recognize (and display for us) what she has to offer and why Olivia recruited her the way she did in the first place

That part has puzzled me . . . . and adds to the mystery of Quinn's background, all the while fueling my imagination about who Quinn is connected to. Nepotism, perhaps?

She seems to need to be told what to do. Wouldn't you expect someone who worked for Olivia Pope to be able to jump right in, already knowing what might need to be done? She hasn't really done anything stellar - legally speaking - and she was rather quick to fall for Gideon. He was cute and charming, but knowing what she knew about who he was and what he was trying to do didn't keep her from starting a relationship with him.

+ Reply to Thread