+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2070110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1245
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But he stayed with him, yes he killed him, but he didn't seem cruel as say her father is
    I know...but still...poor guy looked so pitiful it tore my heartstrings to shreds. Geez between that scene, and the flashback scene where Cryus pulled him out on dance floor at the state dinner, giving zero f**cks what anyone thought about them being gay, and the scene where Olivia begged her father to for once in her life be her dad, I was a crying, hormonal mess this week. LOL

All I can say is, I'm going to be mightily pissed if this show gets passed over for an Emmy this year. Some really, really good writing going on here.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I know...but still...poor guy looked so pitiful it tore my heartstrings to shreds. Geez between that scene, and the flashback scene where Cryus pulled him out on dance floor at the state dinner, giving zero f**cks what anyone thought about them being gay, and the scene where Olivia begged her father to for once in her life be her dad, I was a crying, hormonal mess this week. LOL

All I can say is, I'm going to be mightily pissed if this show gets passed over for an Emmy this year. Some really, really good writing going on here.
    I agree, I think the writing is tremendous
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Keep in mind, the show does not get nominated for Emmy awards for writing... individual episodes do. Even though that gives it a much better chance and I agree the James-&-Cyrus storyline has been an extremely good, well-acted one, I still think the overall episodes aren't strong enough for it.

Dan Bucatinsky (James) did win an Emmy last year as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Keep in mind, the show does not get nominated for Emmy awards for writing... individual episodes do. Even though that gives it a much better chance and I agree the James-&-Cyrus storyline has been an extremely good, well-acted one, I still think the overall episodes aren't strong enough for it.

Dan Bucatinsky (James) did win an Emmy last year as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series
    If the writing is good, it generally follows( for me) the acting will be. Scandal doesn't disappoint.Well, it doesn't disappoint me
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm ready for OPA to start working with real clients again. I'm over the whole reelection storyline. Huck and Quinn??? I'm not sure I want to see where they take this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I was torn up about James as well. But they really couldn't kill off David. Those scenes were really riveting.

I really enjoyed the banter between the new VP and Mellie. She is just lighting up around him! It's about time she has someone in her life that actually appreciates her.

Quinn and Huck - what the (rhymes with Huck) is going on with that whole mess? He goes to kill her and they kiss? Ever since Huck tortured Quinn, his character was ruined for me.

If they don't go back to the original format (interesting fixes with some personal stuff mixed in), they are going to lose me soon as a viewer though. They've definitely jumped the shark for me. Unfortunately I don't see Shonda taking the show back under control like that. Now Mama Pope is getting in the mix. So sad when such a good show tanks so quickly.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I agree. It's like Shonda is hellbent on destroying characters. I guess Fitz is so slimy, she feels she has to make the other characters even more slimy so he doesn't look so bad by comparison. She ruined Quinn, Huck and Jake. And instead of doing something constructive, all Olivia can do is run around like a mad woman snarling like she smells a rotten egg.

I'm in it for the rest of this season, but it will really have to turn around for me to endure another like this. Shonda has a way of doing that to me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

There are no do-gooders on this show. Each and every one of them is slimy in his / her own way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Marlena_M likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am interested in Quinn and Huck. Quinn has bought something back into Huck's life( love perhaps) that he didn't think he would ever feel again.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am interested in Quinn and Huck. Quinn has bought something back into Huck's life( love perhaps) that he didn't think he would ever feel again.
    Yeah but is he gonna kill her, or kiss her? LOL Awhile ago I would have agreed about them, but now, the two of them together skeeve me out.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread