+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree597Likes

Thread: Scandal

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Scandal

What was that at the end?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks! I must have missed that part. That makes sense. So, when Jake was talking to someone describing B613 and how it would change their life, who was he talking to? Quinn?
    He wasn't talking to anyone.

Man what a powerful episode this was. He did kill James - then he stays with him so he doesn't die alone .Cyrus was a mess.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I was disappointed it was James, although I would have been disappointed if it were David as well. Great acting by Jeff Perry (Cyrus) tonight. I like Dan Bucatinksi and he was great as James.

however, I'm over this show. It was SO good when it started. I loved that each episode was mostly stand-alone, solving problems with a bit of backstory in each one to tie each week together. They were Gladiators!! Now it's just absurd. The president and first lady both getting it on with other people in the white house, people getting murdered every other day. No leaks? Come on. It's become all B613 and that's not what the show started out to be. Quinn is ridiculous. I'm sure I'll still watch, but it doesn't hold the interest for me as much anymore. I can't stand Kerry Washington's facial expressions and slow....pausing....talking.... anymore. Maybe it's just me....

Whenever there is a mouthy scene with Fitz, Olivia and her dad, I just roll my eyes and then check my nails. It's way overdone and I can't stand their speeches.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I must comment on Cyrus' response to James' death. Wasn't it Cyrus who had James killed? Recall when Cyrus found James had bugged his office? He called Charlie for a hit on him, but Charlie said he couldn't do free lance work anymore. So then Cyrus went straight to Jake and preached about how Jake had to save the Republic. Jake refused, but then change his mind. Then, recall how Cyrus gave James that speech the night of his death about how much he loved him and how SORRY he was....for what? I take it, he was sorry he had to have James killed. So, the tears of grief don't mean much to me. And I think that the breakdown at the press conference was a publicity stunt to help out Fitz. That's my take on it.

I really resent that Shonda had to push the story of Jake being a cold blooded killer. The audience was able to support Jake and really root for him despite his past indiscretions, but now with this development, Jake has been villianized and is unlikely to survive much longer. He's now a worse killer than Fitz, so Fitz gains some support on the rebound. Just pathetic and sad. I don't like it and when Jake leaves the show, I think I will too. I wanted to stick around for Mellie and Andrew, but that may not be enough to hold me.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I was disappointed it was James, although I would have been disappointed if it were David as well. Great acting by Jeff Perry (Cyrus) tonight. I like Dan Bucatinksi and he was great as James.

however, I'm over this show. It was SO good when it started. I loved that each episode was mostly stand-alone, solving problems with a bit of backstory in each one to tie each week together. They were Gladiators!! Now it's just absurd. The president and first lady both getting it on with other people in the white house, people getting murdered every other day. No leaks? Come on. It's become all B613 and that's not what the show started out to be. Quinn is ridiculous. I'm sure I'll still watch, but it doesn't hold the interest for me as much anymore. I can't stand Kerry Washington's facial expressions and slow....pausing....talking.... anymore. Maybe it's just me....
    Last night's episode was gut-wrenching and uncharacteristically emotional... for SCANDAL. That said, however, overall I do feel much like marybethp about the show in general. It was so good when it started - I loved the show, couldn't wait for each new episode and discussed it endlessly. Now, I find I'm watching out of habit more than anything. I would be fine if they never mentioned B613, Olivia's father or Olivia's mother again. As for KW's facial expressions, having seen her in other things I don't feel it's her... it's Olivia's facial expressions that bother me. I've not seen KW do the "OMG what is that stink? You smell it? Right? Tell me you smell it, too. Did I step in something?" look in other roles and it bugs me that Olivia seems to wear it almost permanently. Quite a bit of what SCANDAL does is so ridiculously implausible and that held true with the Cyrus/James backstory as well. But then again, I always say don't watch episodic television in search of reality
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Whenever there is a mouthy scene with Fitz, Olivia and her dad, I just roll my eyes and then check my nails. It's way overdone and I can't stand their speeches.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I must comment on Cyrus' response to James' death. Wasn't it Cyrus who had James killed? Recall when Cyrus found James had bugged his office? He called Charlie for a hit on him, but Charlie said he couldn't do free lance work anymore. So then Cyrus went straight to Jake and preached about how Jake had to save the Republic. Jake refused, but then change his mind. Then, recall how Cyrus gave James that speech the night of his death about how much he loved him and how SORRY he was....for what? I take it, he was sorry he had to have James killed. So, the tears of grief don't mean much to me. And I think that the breakdown at the press conference was a publicity stunt to help out Fitz. That's my take on it.
    Good point Debb, I didn't even think of that with Cyrus. Thanks for pointing that out
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm not sure it was a publicity stunt. I see Cyrus as a complex individual with an impulse control problem. He acts on what he foresees as the problem of a lifetime (when in reality, it's just the problem of the day) and then feels remorse or regret after the deed (his "solution") has been done . . . . . one of those "oh my god what have I done" moments you might have after accidentally hitting "reply all" for what should have been a private response to an email.

This time, it was something he couldn't undo or rethink. James is DEAD. D .... E ... A ... D and no soap opera magic is going to bring him back to life.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I'm not sure it was a publicity stunt. I see Cyrus as a complex individual with an impulse control problem. He acts on what he foresees as the problem of a lifetime (when in reality, it's just the problem of the day) and then feels remorse or regret after the deed (his "solution") has been done . . . . . one of those "oh my god what have I done" moments you might have after accidentally hitting "reply all" for what should have been a private response to an email.

This time, it was something he couldn't undo or rethink. James is DEAD. D .... E ... A ... D and no soap opera magic is going to bring him back to life.
    That's how I see him .He is a very layered character.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, I agree that Cyrus had some love for James, but not like we would see it. His love includes the ability to kill if necessary to protect his goals, which is Fitz winning the election and if James kept going, Sally and Fitz would be out on their ear. And it's sad that James had changed his mind at the end and didn't want to proceed with pushing the investigation into Sally's husband's murder, but it was too late. David and those ladies were on to it and there is no way they would have walked away.

Oh, I agree that Cyrus had some love for James, but not like we would see it. His love includes the ability to kill if necessary to protect his goals, which is Fitz winning the election and if James kept going, Sally and Fitz would be out on their ear. And it's sad that James had changed his mind at the end and didn't want to proceed with pushing the investigation into Sally's husband's murder, but it was too late. David and those ladies were on to it and there is no way they would have walked away.
    Yup, but without all this there would be no Scandal
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread