+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    I'm bored, and turned it off 15 minutes in. A drunk, angry, mean Fitz + the super fast talking, painful expression Olivia face = seen it before/ bored.
    You got that right! I couldn't agree more and I felt like turning it off too. I'm so tired of the same old, same old. They really need to change it up a bit. Enough of that scenerio. I guess that Olivia is happy though. She's admitted that she loves being in a tumultuous relationship. She thrives on unbearable pain and suffering with her lovers. So, have it Liv. Enjoy. lol I got tickled when she was shaming Jake with that speech about what he was doing by taking that position, but in reality, everything she said applied to herself. lol

What kept me hanging on was Mellie. She's my favorite on the show and she never ceases to amaze me. I LOVE the storyline of the upcoming running mate of Fitz being Mellie's ex-love. (He said Mellie was the one who got away and that he will never get over her.) LOVE IT. Now if we can get rid of Fitz and bring this guy in as the actual Presidential candidate and not Fitz. Mellie can switch over and still be the First Lady! lol Just kidding.

Quinn is a waste of space. She's so stupid. She doesn't realize that while that child they took was not harmed, if it had been necessary to kill that child, her lover would have done it in heartbeat. I'm done with her.

While I'm happy that Olivia's dad wants to take Fitz out, (I don't want him killed, just out of office. Then he can do what he wants.) he really annoys me. All that theatrical verbage. I prefer someone who acts and talks just a little.

While Cyrus is horrible, his partner James is just as bad. I don't care what happens to either of them. I fear for their daughter. They obviously don't really care for that child.

It's funny the ways they are trying to conceal Olivia's belly. The handbags, folders, head's, etc. It's rather distracting.

I'm going to hang in there another season, but only because of the Mellie/old lover story.
    combatcutie and babyfat101 like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought the plot twist of having the VP Candidate be Mellie old flame was a good one.

I did enjoy the "lunch" Mellie and Olivia had. They weren't so much "grinning" as they were baring their teeth! Let's sit here and pretend we're having a civilized conversation while I call you a wh*re, shall we?

Not really liking either Cyrus or James right now. James is a ping pong ball who can't decide which side of the table to come to rest on.

I will stick with the show to see Huck, who didn't get nearly enough screen time in the first after the way too long break episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

We enjoyed it from start to finish. Roll on next week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am tired of the Fitz/Olivia yo yo crap as well. One second they are making out, next they are fighting. zzzZZZZzzz It's like the show hasn't progressed in that storyline since episode 1. Blah.

Mellie - she is definitely my favorite character. She has been for awhile now. Love that she is getting a love interest with a man that actually appreciates her! I think he's better looking too

I just wish the show would go back to its previous focus - fixing people in scandals. This show has gotten so far off the rails though - it may never be able to go back to what it once was. I am still watching it, still enjoying it, just not as much as I used to.
    Punkin, FireWoman and babyfat101 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I never thought I'd see the day when the first two minutes of Scandal irritated me so much that I actually paused it as the opening credits started and seriously contemplated hitting "DELETE" and not finishing the episode. Not surprisingly, the remaining 58 minutes of this hour did little to redeem things IMO.

Let's see... Olivia, Mellie, Fitz, Cyrus, Sally, James... they all annoyed me beyond belief... and then Harrison was the cork which sealed the bottle.

I loved S1 and couldn't wait for S2. For me, S2 has been a bumpy ride and this show is now dangerously teetering the line of jumping the shark. I still watch it but more out of habit and curiosity than real "OMG MUST SEE SCANDAL!!!"
    babyfat101 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It just dawned on me that perhaps Quinn getting deep into B613 could be a ruse. Maybe she's staying there to get info for Olivia. Maybe she's pretending to love this new guy and she'll turn on him when the time is right and Oivia needs the info. Just speculating. Maybe Jake is in on it or maybe not.

It seems rather odd that Quinn and this super secret hired killer/government agent is purchasing tools for his trade at a hardware store, likely on a survellience camera.

I also thought it odd that two Gladiators are sitting in a room with that medical examiner while she lies under duress of her son's safety and they don't pick up on it. I thought they were super sharp about things like that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

No Scandal talk yet?

I'm getting to the point where I need a play-book or a roster to keep track of who is in cahoots with Fitz, Olivia or Sally. This episode alone had me dizzy trying to figure out if Quinn, Charlie, Hollis and James were working for the bad guys or good guys.
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    No Scandal talk yet?

I'm getting to the point where I need a play-book or a roster to keep track of who is in cahoots with Fitz, Olivia or Sally. This episode alone had me dizzy trying to figure out if Quinn, Charlie, Hollis and James were working for the bad guys or good guys.
    It was packed hour for sure. Mellie and Andrew as well .We loved it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It appeared to me that Olivia almost laughed when Quinn put a gun on her. lol Olivia has caused a lot of pain in Quinn's life, but what she's doing isn't helping matters. And she doesn't even really work for B613. She's just the guy's girlfriend. I'm over Quinn.

I'm sick of Huck too. I wish Olivia would send him to a mental hospital or somewhere he can get better. Bringing her coffee and whining is just too much. I hate scenes with Huck and Olivia.

I also refuse to watch Olivia and Fitz argue anymore. I turn the channel or ff. It's overdone and annoying. Could they make Fitz anymore disgusting? Yuck. And Olivia has the nerve to tell Mellie to quit her affair!!! Olivia you are having an affair with Mellie's husband. That means you don't have the right to tell Mellie to quit her stuff, PLUS, it wasn't even true!

I'm worried for David. He has to be crazy. James is a loser and trouble maker and has caused him so much grief. When will he let James sink or swim on his own? James and Cyrus deserve each other.

Loved Mellie and the flashbacks. It seems that Andrew is the only genuine guy on the show. I hope he causes Mellie to see what's really important. Fitz will never love her or put her first like Andew did.

Olivia's mom is going to shake things up. She wants Olivia to leave Fitz too, right?

OMG. Did anyone see the CAST of Scandal do a skit on Jimmy Kimmel? It was too funny and Bellamy Young (Mellie) was a sit down guest. She was delightful and funny. She looked gorgeous too. She is REALLY from NC as her character is. She also attended Yale to study Physics, but left to act! No wonder I like her. lol
    Coco46 likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Daaaayyyaaammm!! This past two episodes were soo good! I like what they're doing with Mellie's character this season. So many twists and turns and the show moving so fast my head is spinning.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread