+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree626Likes

Thread: Scandal

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Scandal

Oh Mindy384, so sorry if you felt my comment was directed solely toward you. It was not but if it were I would have quoted your post. I guess some would expect me to apologize for saying the best solution (to complaining about everything one dislikes about a show) is to instead choose another show that is enjoyable. I have never, and will never, understand why people chose to watch fiction and complain about the basic premise behind said fiction. I'm certain it's just me that feels how Fitz and Olivia choose to live out their own fictional episodic television lives has zero impact on how I go about living mine. Even if Fitz and Olivia were people that I knew in real life, what they chose to do wouldn't impact me one bit. If I didn't like them or how they lived their lives, I would simply make the choice to socialize with other people I do like. There's soooooo many people, why would I surround myself with disagreeable ones. I don't like science fiction... I've tried reading it, I've tried watching it, it does nothing for me so I no longer try to get into it even if it's super popular. I don't like anything to do with zombies so I don't watch The Walking Dead. I don't watch it each week and dislike it and go to the TWD board and voice all the dislike about it... I just don't watch it.

My only suggestion was to choose a show that IS enjoyable. It wasn't a suggestion directly solely to you. It's a suggestion I would make to anyone.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I wasn't directing that at you Bee, sorry! I can see how you would think that though. Another poster up thread did. I love talking all things Scandalicious with you! Happy Thanksgiving!
    And you as well. No harm done. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!! Enjoy!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    That's a good thought, but I don't think James knew that there was a photographer outside waiting for something to happen. I think he put it all together and just made a poor decision to do it since Cyrus put him in the situation where he would have to turn down the advances.
    If James did work it out, I am glad Cyrus got what he deserved, that being the pictures!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Me too regarding Cyrus. I felt zero empathy for him whatsoever. I don't think James worked it out either... although... he knows Cyrus pretty well, so he might have assumed that Cyrus had set it up complete with the photographer waiting to catch the sordid deal. I do doubt though, that Daniel Douglas is in on it.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There are so many twists and turns in this shows that anything is possible. I initially didn't think James really did anything with the VP's hubby. I thought he figured it out, recalling the comments about the plum v-neck and the bottle of alcohol in a casual setting and assumed there would be a photog hiding in the bushes, but . . . . . in order to pull it off, he'd have to share his suspicions with Daniel Douglas and that would be treading on dangerous ground with Cy, but . . . . James is probably hurt enough in that moment (at being set up to do Cy's dirty work) that he would do just that.

At this point, I give it a 50-50 chance that the photos show a genuine act.
    combatcutie and MiniDiva like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

Unfortunately I don't think this is the case, but I'm hoping that James has finally had enough, finally attains some self respect and realizes, again, that Cy is playing him...so plays him back, and the photos are a set up against Cy. Since he's being set up to seduce, he knows that there is either a photographer, video camera or a bug recording the events. since it's the VPs house, video and bug probably aren't likely, so there must be a photographer somewhere. Oh...there is that window right there with the curtains open. THAT must be where the photographer is at.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Debb, I'm with you, I didn't like the Fitz/Olivia love scene either.
    Count me in too. I fast forward thru these parts. But from what I could gather...she didn't want anything to do with him, and then there's a house [financed by someone who wouldn't miss the funds] and off goes her panties?
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'll see if I still have the show recorded. If so, I'll try to find the part about them referring to their existing child. If not........I probably won't because I'll have to look On Demand and most of the time you can't ff...so forget it. lol
    You can watch the full epi on abc.com. you can ff somewhat...until the next commercials [which i mute the sound and do something else].

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    Count me in too. I fast forward thru these parts. But from what I could gather...she didn't want anything to do with him, and then there's a house [financed by someone who wouldn't miss the funds] and off goes her panties?
    Pretty much lol
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

WARNING! I read that Scandal is being preempted tonight by a ballgame in some areas. It may run after the game sometime after midnight. I would be careful if you set your DVR.

+ Reply to Thread