+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 128 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1272
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

I'm sorry, I know Presidents (and maybe men in general) get some sort of general pass when it comes to having a mistress (or 2, in Fitz's case) but I just can't get past the point that a large majority of the show is built around this continuing affair between two people we are supposed to believe are intelligent human beings! Even if they are star-crossed lovers and have to find a way to be together the fact remains that there are tons of leaks, not to mention the woman he made a vow to and HIS children waiting in the wings (no pun intended) while he repeatedly chooses his mistress. And then there is Olivia who tptb want to be a 'white hat' good guy that has essentially lowered herself to being the 4 year call girl of a man who willingly cheats on his wife ALL the time...

I love this show so much but there is just something not quite believable in the way these characters "are" and what their actions continuously suggest...
    march likes this.

I'm with you Mindy. I would prefer that the show take a different direction and have Olivia find a better man, who is smart and single and that has integrity. Oh, they already introduced him and she didn't like want him. lol I think the show is so deeply based on the affair that it will never end...no matter how annoying and disgusting it is to viewers.

When it comes down to it, I think Shonda has some resentment or distaste for marriages. I'm not sure what it is, but she likes to denigrate them. Maybe it's because she thinks it equates with big ratings. It's one thing about her shows that I detest. She does it in her other shows too.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva View Post
    I bet James staged the sex photos to be sent to Cyrus as "payback". Cyrus deserved it for what he is willing to do, he is as evil as B-613. James really loves him and I don't think would have agreed to have sex with Daniel that quickly. But maybe so?
    That's a good thought, but I don't think James knew that there was a photographer outside waiting for something to happen. I think he put it all together and just made a poor decision to do it since Cyrus put him in the situation where he would have to turn down the advances.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

If we attempt to project our personal moral values onto the characters of the TV shows available to us, we'd probably watch little to nothing. It's television. It's story telling. It's make believe. It's fiction. Even in reality, most people do not share our personal moral convictions. If a show that is based around a married U.S. President having a deeply seated, sexual (and emotional) involvement with another woman (another women that his wife not only knows about but in her own convoluted way condones and encourages) really rocks your moral compass, the best solution is to choose another show that you will enjoy.
    bee stung lips and buttahfly like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I'm sorry, I know Presidents (and maybe men in general) get some sort of general pass when it comes to having a mistress (or 2, in Fitz's case) but I just can't get past the point that a large majority of the show is built around this continuing affair between two people we are supposed to believe are intelligent human beings! Even if they are star-crossed lovers and have to find a way to be together the fact remains that there are tons of leaks, not to mention the woman he made a vow to and HIS children waiting in the wings (no pun intended) while he repeatedly chooses his mistress. And then there is Olivia who tptb want to be a 'white hat' good guy that has essentially lowered herself to being the 4 year call girl of a man who willingly cheats on his wife ALL the time...

I love this show so much but there is just something not quite believable in the way these characters "are" and what their actions continuously suggest...
    Men get passes when it comes to having mistresses? Lol in what universe? Please...cheating men like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie James were all but flayed alive by the media and the general public for cheating on their wives. Men do not get passes for having mistresses. This isn't the 15th century anymore.

That said, if my only purpose of watching TV was to use it as my moral compass surely id have given up watching a long time ago. I watch TV for the escape it provides. I personally don't watch to see folk behaving perfectly and perpetually making the right choices. I watch to see characters with flaws regardless of how despicable. I watch to see ( and enjoy) characters whose lives are embroiled with conflict. I watch shows like Scandal for the juicy, steamy storylines.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't think anyone watches tv for a moral compass unless they are watching religious shows. That said, just because something is happening on a show, doesn't mean we have to agree with it, or like it. We should be able to come here and voice our opinions without being told *stop watching the show*. I thought that wasn't supposed to be allowed on the board. There are plenty of things happening on Scandal besides the affair between Fitz and Olivia that makes the show oh so worth watching. We should be able to discuss ALL aspects of a show that we like or dislike and not be told to not watch it just because we may disagree on a certain subject.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I watch it because its a good show. Much like The Blacklist, Hostages, and the Good Wife. If the writing started to fail( think Greys) I would consider not watching. I doubt that will happen with Scandal
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think anyone watches tv for a moral compass unless they are watching religious shows. That said, just because something is happening on a show, doesn't mean we have to agree with it, or like it. We should be able to come here and voice our opinions without being told *stop watching the show*. I thought that wasn't supposed to be allowed on the board. There are plenty of things happening on Scandal besides the affair between Fitz and Olivia that makes the show oh so worth watching. We should be able to discuss ALL aspects of a show that we like or dislike and not be told to not watch it just because we may disagree on a certain subject.
    Someone told you to stop watching the show did they? Pray, tell who? 'Cause it sure wasn't me. And you obviously don't need I or anyone else to tell you are well within your rights to discuss any and all aspect of the show as you please. But please remember it works both ways. A disagreement on ones viewpoint should not be mistaken for one telling the other not to watch the show as that simply was not the intended context.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Someone told you to stop watching the show did they? Pray, tell who? 'Cause it sure wasn't me. And you obviously don't need I or anyone else to tell you are well within your rights to discuss any and all aspect of the show as you please. But please remember it works both ways. A disagreement on ones viewpoint should not be mistaken for one telling the other not to watch the show as that simply was not the intended context.
    I wasn't directing that at you Bee, sorry! I can see how you would think that though. Another poster up thread did. I love talking all things Scandalicious with you! Happy Thanksgiving!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    If we attempt to project our personal moral values onto the characters of the TV shows available to us, we'd probably watch little to nothing. It's television. It's story telling. It's make believe. It's fiction. Even in reality, most people do not share our personal moral convictions. If a show that is based around a married U.S. President having a deeply seated, sexual (and emotional) involvement with another woman (another women that his wife not only knows about but in her own convoluted way condones and encourages) really rocks your moral compass, the best solution is to choose another show that you will enjoy.
    Pretty sure I said how much I still love the show but find the fact that we have such intelligent characters involved in such a long-standing, unhealthy affair just doesn't equate w their intelligence and makes me a little loony.

I don't think any folks on the board need advice on what to watch or not.

+ Reply to Thread