+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1245
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: Scandal

Re: Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Ok I'm not gonna deny that in that dress Liv walked like she owned it... not just it but everything else too! LOL!!! I guess what I didn't like was the way the dress moved, or rather didn't move as she was struttin her stuff
    She doesn't have the curves in real life to carry it off , and I also said in my post her hair was horrible. Poor girl, she seems really sweet and I pick her apart
    elleprn likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Olivia (Kerry) is such a beautiful woman but on the show has a serious expression on her face most of the time. Seeing her on SNL smiling, with red lipstick, in different characters - she lights up. She is adorable IRL and a great actress to come across so sternly in Scandal playing the part well.

I liked the dinner dress because it was a different look for her, but I think softer lines look better on her rather than the geometric look she wore that night.

Fitz is hopelessly in love with Olivia but he is stuck in an unhappy marriage and political commitment which makes him obsess over Olivia even more. Jake is a free agent and while he genuinely cares for Olivia, he is thinking more with his brain rather than his heart. He has gotten caught up in the intrigue of Olivia's high level and powerful connections and that Olivia is not readily available to him. I am still leaning towards Team Jake.

I think the thing that Fitz has for Olivia could be considered something other than love. Love is selfless and kind. I don't see that in Fitz. If he really loved her, he might want her to have a good life and not deal the with the hell he puts her through. I see his behavior more as obsessive and possessive. He seems to be more concerned with getting his jollies than doing the right thing, like honoring his oath to the country and his wife.

Fitz helped get Jake released at Olivia's request knowing Jake had a relationship with Olivia. I thought that was a loving act towards Olivia. Of course Jake was supposed to be his good buddy too.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva View Post
    Fitz helped get Jake released at Olivia's request knowing Jake had a relationship with Olivia. I thought that was a loving act towards Olivia. Of course Jake was supposed to be his good buddy too.
    I did see this, but I don't think it overrides all the other stuff. And I also saw it as a writer's ploy to get viewers to not detest Fitz. I'm sure Shonda realizes there are many fans who do not care for the Fitz/Olivia love story. I kind of wish it wasn't the basis of the show, because I really like the show, but just not Fitz. I think I might have a different take on it, if a different actor played Fitz. I know he has many fans, but I do not like this guy at all. I'm sure the actor is a nice man.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well I loves me some Fitz and Olivia. Are the circumstances surrounding their love, ideal? Certainly not. And I certainly do not condone cheating. But Fitz is no different than any other man in an ongoing affair with another woman. He's disrespecting the vows he took to be with a woman he can't have. Nothing too out of the ordinary about that. In fact the main oddity here, is Mellie. Plenty of married men have affairs. But the fact that his wife is so power hungry she's actually encourage her husband's mistress to have sex with him to suit their own power hungry agenda makes Mellie the real creepo in all of this.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-04-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Critical and Marlena_M like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well I loves me some Fitz and Olivia. Are the circumstances surrounding their love, ideal? Certainly not. And I certainly do not condone cheating. But Fitz is no different than any other man in an ongoing affair with another woman. He's disrespecting the vows he took to be with a woman he can't have. Nothing too out of the ordinary about that. In fact the main oddity here, is Mellie. Plenty of married men have affairs. But the fact that his wife is so power hungry she's actually encourage her husband's mistress to have sex with him to suit their own power hungry agenda makes Mellie the real creepo in all of this.
    Saying you hit the nail on the head would be my biggest understatement of the day. To quote Blaine and Antoine from Men-On-Film, "two snaps up!"
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I saw a preview for Wednesday! I wish it were Wednesday already
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm glad they explained the plane crash a little more this week. Recall up thread how I was questioning how Fitz, as POTUS, could have ordered the plane to be shot down, since he would not have been in office yet. (Olivia's mom died years ago and Fitz was not President at the time.) Still, I'm confused as to what his involvement is.

I've really had it with Huck. Can he be any more unhelpful? How long does it take to give a yes or no answer? He's beyond annoying at this point.

I knew Mellie was a Tarheel!

Cyrus is a sly old fox. I hand it to him. He played his cards well on that matter with the Vice President. I admit I was rooting for her a little. Just because I detest Fitz so much. And Fitz.....please stay out of Olivia's apartment.

So was the girl who met Jake with the plane recording really there to kill him or was she set up? What happened to that recording she handed to Jake?

Is it possible Olivia's mom was somehow responsibile? Was she a terrorist and that's why the plane had to come down?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I really need to go back and re-watch this episode. Everything happens so fast and sometimes it's hard to keep it straight. Looks like Olivia's father has his eyes set on Quinn to become part of the "killing group"
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread