+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Girl (Fox)

New Girl (Fox)

I thought sure we had a thread for this one, but I sure couldn't find it.

Is anyone still watching? It was a bit of a struggle for me earlier in the season, but there were little moments in each episode that would keep me hanging in there. I'm so glad I stuck it out!

This week's episode had me laughing out loud! When Nick runs to Jess after she's fallen in the fountain, but he stops to fold up the sweater = The bit over the closing credits with Nick sitting at Russell's desk and barking out orders and pretending to the the President of Earth was hilarious. The part with the Japanese toilet was so funny too with Russell remarking that Jess had turned it up to SIX smiley faces when he'd never gone above three!

I think the cast and the writers are really hitting their stride. I've started to really look forward to the show now and I'm not really a sitcom girl. I think the quirkiness has settled down....or maybe I'm just used to it now. Either way, I really love this show now!

This video never fails to make me happy. It's just so silly. I totally want to see Fat Schmidt dancing with Fat Monica!
    New Girl's Fat SCHMIDT We Found Love - YouTube
    Last edited by Critical; 03-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: New Girl (Fox)

It was a bit of a struggle for me earlier in the season, but there were little moments in each episode that would keep me hanging in there. I;m so glad I stuck it out!
    It's the same for me. The first couple of episodes, I was asking myself why am I watching this? But those little moments is why I kept watching. Now the show is one of my favorites. I absolutely love the douchebag jar. Poor Schmidt!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just couldn't stick it out. I love Zooey, but the male actors are, at least, annoying.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    It's the same for me. The first couple of episodes, I was asking myself why am I watching this? But those little moments is why I kept watching. Now the show is one of my favorites. I absolutely love the douchebag jar. Poor Schmidt!
    I love the douchebag jar too! It's amazing Schmidt has any money left!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well now I'm going to have to make a point to watch last night's episode when I get home this evening! I have been enjoying it. It is odd that the intro changes in length every week. Are they any other shows that do that?

I really didn't like the first episode or two and missed a couple more recent ones because it was opposite Arctic Air which I like here. But I caught last nights episode and was laughing about the bidet thing and then then fountain bit too.

We started watching it because my DH really likes Zooey. It started off a little slow and not so interesting but soon I fell in love with the 3 guys. They are such guy-guys w/ typical guy behavior...love it.

I love this show! I enjoy all the characters at least a little bit. Each of them have such great bits every show. Even though Jess is the focus, each roommate gets a chance to shine so to speak.

My favourites are Nick and Schmidt. I've been watching since the first episode and really enjoy it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I still love this show! Pretty much every episode has a part that makes me laugh out loud. The one last night was really funny.

I like all of the cast and they interact well together. It makes it hard decide who is my favorite character, although Schmidt ranks way up there. I love it when he has to put money in the douchebag jar. lol!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast