+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Girl (Fox)

Re: New Girl (Fox)

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I watched this only now and then but I have noticed that in the promos another girl is also featured. Anybody have a reason as to why the 1 girl & 3 guys was changed to 2 girls & 3 guys so that the role/importance of the "New Girl" seems to have declined.
    I *think* I saw the promo you are talking about and Cece was in it. She is becoming a more prominent character due to her relationship with Schmidt, so I wasn't surprised she was in the promo. She still came into the show due to her friendship with Jess, so I didn't think much of it.

Cece has been on the show the whole time, but it's still the four main characters. She's just been on more because of her relationship with Schmidt. I still think of her as a supporting character.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Thanks. I just thought the new promo was odd since supporting characters come and go. To add her to the promo made me think that they were taking away some of the title character' importance===especially since she has been marketed from the beginning as the cutest thing since the teddy bear.

I think from a "practical" standpoint that it's probably cheaper to have her film the promos than it is to pay Zoey to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I think from a "practical" standpoint that it's probably cheaper to have her film the promos than it is to pay Zoey to do them.
    I think she meant that both actresses are in the promos, rather than Zoey not being in them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think she meant that both actresses are in the promos, rather than Zoey not being in them.
    Oh, my mistake! I thought you were talking about those clips (that talk about them/the show that's coming up) of the four (minus Zoey) who have been doing promos before all shows this past week/week and a half.

"I'm worried about Schmidt. He's a Jew in the desert. He might wander."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "I'm worried about Schmidt. He's a Jew in the desert. He might wander."
    I just about died when he said that. That was just an all around funny episode that but was the icing on the cake for me.

Then it was followed up by the that episode with the landlord, Nick and Jess all about to do that threesome and Nick said something about "menaging" that was a high point for me too.

I loved the whole episode. The ending was perfect! Their dancing was hillarious and totally in character with their styles.
    football_chick and Critical like this.

I thought this was the best episode yet! The ending, with them all dancing around to AC/DC was awesome! And the new (now old) roomie sitting out on the couch with that cardboard animal carrier. What was in there? I felt like I missed something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast