+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

I didn't watch GCB, not because of it's content, but because there is only so much time to watch tv. I hate when a religious group (yes, I am a church going Presbyterian) has the power to dictate what the general public can watch. Who do they think they are anyway!!!

The shows I'm upset about that got cancelled were A Gifted Man and Awake. These shows were ten times more entertaining that Touched. I will miss PanAm, but not surprised that it will not return.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I was probably one of the few who watched it, but The River wasn't that bad.. It's frustrating because you invest time into watching a show and getting involved in the plot and the character's background only to have it cancelled... Some of the best shows for me as a teenager and young adult like My So Called Life, Freaks and Geeks etc. ended due to "low ratings"... yet had a HUGE cult following that seemed to be missed on the network executives. It just leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth and really doesn't give you any incentive to invest time in a new series because most likely it will be cancelled. The more I think about it the more pissed off I am getting about Awake being cancelled. Where is the closure? Now I need to go see a therapist. lol. It's all about money now and the bottom line, never about awesome storytelling that engages the viewer.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    It's all about money now and the bottom line, never about awesome storytelling that engages the viewer.
    It always has been about the money. The difference is that now they are more impatient for the return on investment.
    Moontat likes this.

Some more

CBS
    Cancelled
    CSI:Miami (somewhat surprised)
    A Gifted Man (darn!!)
    Unforgettable
    Rob
    NYC 22

Renewed
    CSI : NY

Source: tvline.com

Just a comment on A Gifted Man.... It's not official by CBS but Patrick Wilson the lead said he received and email saying it was cancelled. He actually didn't seem too broken up by it.

Cannot wait till tomorrow! Upfronts are finally here!
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 05-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.

I think the only show I would have been sad to lose is Hart of Dixie so I'm glad that it was renewed. It's such a guilty pleasure show for me and I figured I needed at least one CW show considering OTH is off the air for good. I did enjoy The Finder, but I'm not really sad to see it go. But I wouldn't be opposed to Walter making another appearance on Bones.

Seeing all these cancellations makes me realize I don't watch a lot of scripted t.v. anymore considering there are only about a handful of shows I watch on a weekly basis. Maybe I should try to find some more shows instead of just watching sports and reruns constantly.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I live in the deep south..the bible belt...I know exactly how religion affected GCB...lol I know Terra Nova was expensive to make and even though its ratings were not the best both it and Alcatraz did better than touch and that just irks me cause if Keifer wasn't on Touch it would have probably got cancelled too but keeping it seemed more of a butt kissing smooch than anything to do with the actual show
    and I think given some time Alcatraz could have really picked up..not saying TN would have...except among us serious sci fi junkies...lol
    I'm in absolute agreement.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Some more

Just a comment on A Gifted Man.... It's not official by CBS but Patrick Wilson the lead said he received and email saying it was cancelled. He actually didn't seem too broken up by it.
    Here's Patrick's tweet:
    So...shocking to no one: #agiftedman is done.Found out via email...and not from the network.Stay classy.Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!
    A few months ago, when it looked like the show would be cancelled, he tweeted:
    "I had a great time. Thanks to my fans. So happy it's done."
    I think doing a one hour drama, especially when you're the star and the show has a relatively small cast, has got to be tough, especially for someone who's done mainly stage and movies. I think he probably had fun doing the show, but wasn't really wanting to do it for many seasons. Even so, I wished we'd gotten at least a few more seasons!

Nice that the network didn't even contact him to tell him the show was cancelled. That seems to be the way it goes. Once they're done with you, they don't care about you at all. They're on to the next thing. I remember years ago that one of the cast members of thirtysomething said they found out the show was cancelled from a waiter who read it in one of the trades.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Some more

CBS
    Cancelled
    CSI:Miami (somewhat surprised)
    A Gifted Man (darn!!)
    Unforgettable
    Rob
    NYC 22

Renewed
    CSI : NY

Source: tvline.com

Cannot wait till tomorrow! Upfronts are finally here!
    Good Lord, has NYC 22 even started airing yet? They've been advertising it on my local TV station as starting to air soon, but it's already cancelled? Wow. But thank God they cancelled Unforgettable, because it was quite forgettable. Too bad about CSI Miami though...I'll miss it.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If I was in charge at CBS and had to cut one of the CSI shows, I would have axed Miami as well. Of course, I'd probably have done it about 3 or 4 years ago, but that's just me.

Glad that CSI:NY was renewed. Now, if they had chosen to cancel that one, I would have been miffed, but I would have found some comfort in the finale of this season, knowing that Mac lived.

All in all, the shows I count as my favorites have been renewed so I'm looking forward to the new fall season.

Never watched Desperate Housewives or GCB (even tho' I like Kristen Chenowith AND David James Elliott), I am looking for a network, any network, to come up with something else for me to watch on Sunday nights. They can't possibly match the draw I have to Once Upon A Time, but it would be nice to have more than one hur of viewing pleasure to bring the weekend to a close.
    JavaJo likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread