+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Body of Proof!!! That was the last news I was waiting for! SO HAPPY!

Very sad and a bit surprised about them canceling GCB. I thought they were angling to have that show replace Desperate Housewives. I thought that show was just pure fun.

Not surprised about Missing, if only because I didn't know where they would go after that. It seemed like something that would be better as a miniseries....which I guess is what it turned out to be.

I'd actually like shows more like Missing that are only maybe 10 episodes long, but that we knew would air in their entirety. I hate getting attached to a show that gets canceled before there's any plot resolution.
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Secret Circle and GCB I'm not happy about. SC, from the finale seemed like it was heading somewhere good and GCB was my guilty pleasure.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Very happy about Body of Proof .......very bummed about GCB and Ringer
    karalott likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Here's a link to a bunch of canceled shows. I can't believe Awake was canceled as well as Ringer and GCB. I just lost almost all of the new shows I liked from this season. I'm kind of surprised about the Secret Circle but have to assume we'll be seeing some of those CW actors in other shows. They're too good-looking not to be...

Canceled TV Shows: Networks Clean House | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! TV
    karalott likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I am just tired of these networks not really giving a show a chance...think back 20 years ago and if they went by today's standards we would not have gotten many of the shows we now consider great classics...I know Mash didn't do well to begin with The Brady Bunch (yea I know its corny) but bunches of shows that by todays standard would have never gotten past the first 6 episodes...if they would do like NBC is doing and keeping all first season shows available to the public during the complete first season they would attract more viewers...you go now to watch a new show..say Revenge or OUAT and all you get free is the pilot and then the last 3 or 4 episodes but if a person really wants to get involved they want to see them all and NBC seems to the be only one with comman sense to realize this and its why when other shows are dropping Grimm has been picking up more viewers because they can catch up entirely on the show and see all the episodes and not pay for them...not saying they should do this for every season..but I think its a good premise for the first one..that way you have folks who want to watch it and give it time for word to spread and then when others have a chance they can see it and the viewership grows...but oh heck no CBS, ABC, and FOX if you don't get mega viewers in the first 4 weeks you are sunk and there is no chance....I am sick and tired of all the fake reality tv...I like a good tv show but we don't even get a chance to really get involved and they kill it..which brings up why in the world did they continue the Killing..now that was one show I did give a chance an entire season and it wasn't worth it but at least I hung in there and from what I understand its ratings are in the toilet and haven't left there and the story isn't moving anywhere
    Exactly, Cheers didn't do well in the ratings initially and look at that show. I know there are stinkers out there that will never do well, but there are some shows that just need a chance.

I'm also sick of so much reality tv being on ad the detriment of good tv dramas or comedies. Last night my husband and I put on the history channel. What was on? American Pickers. While I am sure it has its fans, does it belong on the History channel? How about a good documentary? Or a good historical drama?
    karalott and Moontat like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Really upset about Awake being cancelled. I can't remember another series having a story like that. Really original.
    Moontat and Coco46 like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Regular

Sorry about Awake and GCB too. I can understand Pan Am, even though I loved that too. But GCB is hysterical and a great way to end the weekend - LAUGHING! and Awake is just a great story. WTF are they thinking - nothing gets a chance anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by www View Post
    Sorry about Awake and GCB too. I can understand Pan Am, even though I loved that too. But GCB is hysterical and a great way to end the weekend - LAUGHING! and Awake is just a great story. WTF are they thinking - nothing gets a chance anymore!
    I don't watch GCB but I thought it was doing well in the ratings.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm delighted about Body of Proof's renewal and so saddened by Awake's cancellation. The other one I'll miss is The Finder. There is not much I ever watch on Fox, but I thought Finder was different and had quite a good ensemble cast. It would have done better on USA under their "Characters Welcome" banner.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Exactly, Cheers didn't do well in the ratings initially and look at that show. I know there are stinkers out there that will never do well, but there are some shows that just need a chance.

I'm also sick of so much reality tv being on ad the detriment of good tv dramas or comedies. Last night my husband and I put on the history channel. What was on? American Pickers. While I am sure it has its fans, does it belong on the History channel? How about a good documentary? Or a good historical drama?
    By today's standards, All in the Family would have been cancelled too and that show became one of the most acclaimed series in TV history. Some shows really are crap, but others just need some time to find their footing and an audience.

I'm still shocked at GCB being cancelled. I thought it was a sure bet for next season.
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread