+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

CW has announced that it's canceling "The Tomorrow People," "The Carrie Diaries," and "Star-Crossed."

It's keeping "The 100," "Heart of Dixie" and "Beauty and the Beast."

I'm sad about "The Carrie Diaries" because I like Freema Agyeman, but I'm not surprised. They put it on the "Death" day for TV series - Fridays, during the fall, so it would've been a surprised if they had renewed it.

Nor am I surprised about "The Tomorrow People" - the British version is always used in comparison and all the US versions haven't lasted long.

I actually like "The 100" and "Heart of Dixie" when I can catch them. I AM surprised about "Beauty and the Beast" being renewed.

Well I'm bummed about The Tomorrow People. But I think CW sabotaged that show on purpose. It had a fine time slot at 9pm on Wednesdays following Arrow. Then they decided that they were going to push The 100 ad nauseum and moved The Tomorrow People to Mondays at 9.

I actually refused to watch The 100 because I was annoyed at the CW trying to push it so hard. :p

I AM surprised about "Beauty and the Beast" being renewed.
    Me too because I could have sworn I heard something about this being its final season and that its numbers weren't that great.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm happy about Hart of Dixie. It's one of my guilty pleasure shows. Same with Beauty and the Beast. I'm surprised both of them were renewed, but I'm happy nonetheless. Definitely NOT surprised about The Carrie Diaries. The official cancellation feels like a formality.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

SVU has been renewed.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Darn I liked Surviving Jack.
    Me too. It's hilarious!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    SVU has been renewed.

I just spent a week in NYC and stayed at the Westin/Times Square and they were filming in the lobby while I was there.

YUP, I am guessing its a very popular show. (I have never watched the show).

I do not know any of the actors but ONLY because I was a guest at the hotel was I allowed to stand around and watch.

Seeing as I knew no one there, I choose not to hang out. It was very very crowded with film crews and actors.
    KAREN

I also don't watch it. The subject matter isn't what I care to watch as entertainment, but I know Mariska Hargitay is one of the main stars & she's won at least a few Emmys for her performance. I'd recognize her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Of all the L&O shows, SVU was my least favorite, because - as Miss Scarlet said - the subject matter isn't what I care to watch.

As for American Idol, it has run it's course. I am a big fan of Keith Urban, but I could NOT watch when the other judges included Mariah Carey and Nicky Minaj. I thought after they left that I would tune in again. I'm not a fan of J Lo, although she is far less irritating than those two aforementioned "stars". As for Harry Connick Jr, I am not a fan of his music and I don't find him to be all that funny or good-looking. I haven't watched since the audition phase and even then, I dvr'd it and fast forwarded through most of the talking. I quite watching as a serious fan during the Adam Lambert/Kris Allen season and the skipped a few seasons before only kinda sorta watched during the Phillip Phillips season. It was a good show but the time has come to stop the nonsense.

As for AI salaries, if you can believe what is available to read on various sites, JLo makes WAY MORE than either Keith or Harry. In fact, the could hire a third judge, pay him/her the same as they pay to two guys and still be saving money over what they pay JLo alone. Reportedly, it's 17.5 for her and a paltry 5 for the gentlemen on the panel.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Count me in as being disappointed about Surviving Jack being cancelled Not surprised, but was hoping. It had a lot of potential and was really a great, funny show. I hope Christopher Meloni finds another TV home ASAP.

I'm betting next year is American Idol's last, especially if it keeps taking a ratings nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Of all the L&O shows, SVU was my least favorite, because - as Miss Scarlet said - the subject matter isn't what I care to watch.

As for American Idol, it has run it's course. I am a big fan of Keith Urban, but I could NOT watch when the other judges included Mariah Carey and Nicky Minaj. I thought after they left that I would tune in again. I'm not a fan of J Lo, although she is far less irritating than those two aforementioned "stars". As for Harry Connick Jr, I am not a fan of his music and I don't find him to be all that funny or good-looking. I haven't watched since the audition phase and even then, I dvr'd it and fast forwarded through most of the talking. I quite watching as a serious fan during the Adam Lambert/Kris Allen season and the skipped a few seasons before only kinda sorta watched during the Phillip Phillips season. It was a good show but the time has come to stop the nonsense.

As for AI salaries, if you can believe what is available to read on various sites, JLo makes WAY MORE than either Keith or Harry. In fact, the could hire a third judge, pay him/her the same as they pay to two guys and still be saving money over what they pay JLo alone. Reportedly, it's 17.5 for her and a paltry 5 for the gentlemen on the panel.
    Wow, she makes that much more. Then she runs up and kisses Jena like she is president of her fan club. Sheesh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread