+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

FORT Fogey

Re: Cancelled or Not?

I really wanted to like MindGames, but the Steve Zahn character was too overwhelming. I enjoyed Lie To Me in the past, and thought this would be different take. But that show had more of an ensemble feel, and this one was all about the two brothers...or maybe just one of them. Anyway, I watched two episodes and deleted the rest from my DVR.
    inthegarden likes this.

Is anyone surprised about MindGames? I know I'm not. I watched the one episode of MindGames and like SpringMaiden, couldn't take the manicness of the Steve Zahn character and there just wasn't enough Christian Slater. As much as I love Slater deep in my secret teenage heart, he has had zero luck with TV shows. This is the 4th in as many years. I think he needs a show where he is the true star. The ensemble stuff is not working for him. My Biggest Enemy was great (not given enough time to grow IMO and too expensive to produce I heard).
    Florimel and ArchieComic Fan like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Add me to the list of people who aren't a Sarah Michelle Gellar fan. I never have cared for her. She has ZERO acting depth--she adds no emotions to her characters, it's just delivering lines. If The Crazy Ones could jettison her, it might stand a chance of surviving. I doubt it will, though, since she's a main character.

Helix renewed.

Once Upon A TIme In Wonderland, cancelled.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I never did warm to Once Upon a Time in Neverland. Alice annoys me and so does the Red Queen with her ridiculous duck lips. I will miss Naveen Andrews as Jafar, though. He's been excellent! Perhaps they could give him a spinoff show so he can continue the character. I also like the knave of hearts.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I wanted to like OUAT/W because I enjoy the original so much, but after two episodes, I had pretty much already decided it wasn't for me. When I couldn't sit still long enough to watch the 3rd episode, I deleted it from my dvr schedule and never looked back. It just seemed so different - like it wasn't even remotely related. Perhaps they weren't looking to piggyback on the success of Rumple and the gang, but if the idea worked once, it could work again - for at least a little while - that's why we have spin-offs in the first place.
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I also really wanted to like it. I've continued to try really hard the whole time. I've seen every episode, or at least part of each.
    But ultimately, I just never could get into it. I had already decided that if it was renewed, I wouldn't bother with the next season. Only 1 episode left next week. I'll watch it & be thankful to be done with it.

It just never had the depth & the characters never had the depth, of OUAT.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Nurse Jackie has been renewed for Season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Nurse Jackie has been renewed for Season 7.
    I love this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bates Motel as been picked up for a 3rd season.

+ Reply to Thread