+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

AMC has cancelled Low Winter Sun, it will not have a second season.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    We don't have a thread for that currently but I always check with TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource. They are very good about tracking when episodes air.
    Thanks I will go check it out

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    AMC has cancelled Low Winter Sun, it will not have a second season.
    Can't say I'm surprised. I wanted to like it, really honest I did, but it started off slow and never ever picked up speed IMO. Come to think of it, I stopped watching long before it stopped airing.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 12-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Thanks I will go check it out
    TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide and TV Listings Guide, TV Ratings, TV News, TV Shows - Zap2it are also good resources for when series air and other info.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

ABC canceled The Assets after two episodes. I can't say I'm shocked. I watched the first episode and wasn't bowled over. It was a good idea, but the execution was just sort of bland. Plus, I didn't think the lead actress was strong enough. I hadn't gotten around to watching the second episode and now I won't bother.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ABC canceled The Assets after two episodes. I can't say I'm shocked. I watched the first episode and wasn't bowled over. It was a good idea, but the execution was just sort of bland. Plus, I didn't think the lead actress was strong enough. I hadn't gotten around to watching the second episode and now I won't bother.
    That was the same girl whose son was killed to begin the season of Broadchurch.

I'm not surprised either. I agree that the main female character was not strong enough for this role. Also, the plot was very boring and confusing. Now, if we can just get The Americans started back!!
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Nor am I surprised. It's the kind of show I would usually like, but I could not stay interested. I'm afraid I just won't miss it and hope they'll come up with a better replacement.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think The Americans are back in March. And anyone who doesn't already know the whole sordid story of Aldrich Aames (sp) has managed to miss at least two made for TV movies and a slew of repeats of Dateline and other TV versions of the story. It's a story that is nicely tied up in one or two hours. What were they thinking?
    Coco46 likes this.

The Assets could have been a great mini series. It's based on a true story and that should have been the draw for the show, but they didn't promote it as based on a true story.

Then they pick low energy, unknown actors who could not carry lead roles. And the writing was lame. So boring and the direction was just not good.

This show was a waste, when it didn't have to be.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread