+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree448Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

American Horror Story has been renewed for a 4th season.
    Katydyd, mesachick and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm glad to hear that. This show has been more enjoyable for me than I had anticipated, in large part, I think, because of the wonderful Linda Lavin as well as the work of Thomas Lennon and Megan Hilty.
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not completely alone in liking this one ! It's been pretty well trashed by the critics - but I'm enjoying it. It's no Big Bang Theory, but it's one of the few 1/2 hour comedies I consistently watch and it's always good for a few laughs. The cast is great, and I really like the way they've blended the work-place and family comedy.
    Florimel likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    American Horror Story has been renewed for a 4th season.
    I'm not surprised, but what makes this series work so well is each season is a different setting. They are going to have some trouble though with ideas if they keep being successful. Maybe next year they'll have them in a regular hospital from the past or present? Living in a town that is near a nuclear test site (With Area 51 mixed in)?

I admit I didn't see all of the first season but the most recent two have actually worked well and been entertaining.

I find it strange that NBC is still airing the commercial touting their new Thursday comedy lineup with Michael J. Fox, Sean Hayes, Amy Poehler and Mike O'Malley when they canceled Welcome to the Family (with Mike O'Malley) a few weeks ago. Yay, our new Thursday comedies are awesome! We've only canceled one of them so far!

Very happy that The Blacklist will be around for a while. I could watch James Spader read the phone book. I bet he'd make it totally interesting....and a bit sexy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Downton Abbey has been picked up for a 5th season.
    Coco46 likes this.

The CW has given full season orders to Tomorrow People & Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The CW has given full season orders to Tomorrow People & Reign.
    Really...for Tomorrow People the first 3 episodes where hard to watch (that bad), I did expect it for Reign.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My favorite things about The Tomorrow People are Mark Pellegrino and the John character.

I'm not sure about Reign yet. I mean, I watch it because I don't have anything else that I really enjoy at 9pm on Thursdays and the intrigues are interesting but how long will it keep my interest?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

AMC renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth - and longer at 13 episodes (vs. 10) - season
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    AMC renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth - and longer at 13 episodes (vs. 10) - season
    Oh that's awesome! Especially giving us 3 more episodes! The season always feels way too short at the current 10. More Anson Mount to drool over too lol. I'll be curious to see what happens with him (Bohanan) being married now.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread