+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

what was the series a few summers ago about the suburban life during the 70s? I can not for the life of me remember what it was called but we were so disappointed that it was cancelled so soon

Are you thinking of Swingtown?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Are you thinking of Swingtown?
    yes, thank you. We enjoyed that show and wished it had gone farther. It wasn't any more raunchy than some of the other crap on today

Alcatraz and Terra Nova folks over at FOX have lost their minds as well as most of the network exe's the only one that seems to have a millimeter of sense is NBC while all the other networks are already charging for episodes from this season NBC has all episodes of grimm on video on demand free starting from the beginning along with their other new shows..that way they can still pull in new members to watch and if they are interested they can go back and catch up and thats how you pull in new viewers not cancelling a show after 6 or 8 episodes before the show has even got a chance to get off the ground

stupid idiots
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

fox customer contact line..took a while to find it since they hide behind their stations and don't want this new york office line posted on the web....i dont' told them what i felt about Alacatraz and terra nova since they are keeping touch and btw both terra nova and alcatraz BOTH had better ratings than Touch but Touch gets to stay cause of they golden boy Keifer ....I call BULLCRAP

1 212 301 3028 this is a customer comment line
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    C'mon - "Jericho" got a revival after a cancellation. It doesn't need a second one - the ratings made it clear that they made the right decision there.

As far as the others - I'd like to see "Pan Am" on either (it's getting short shifted thanks to it following the last season of "DH", and as much as I dislike "GCB" even it's suffering because of this), "V" - ONLY if they change it where the rebels win sometimes, and yes ONLY if they do that, and Terra Nova... I'm nonplussed there.

The one of those three though that have the best chance either place is "Pan Am," if only because Travolta helped out a lot with it.
    Actually, the ratings weren't that bad. That's one reason the fans were so up in arms when they took it off. There are shows on now that keep getting renewed that have worse ratings. And I freely admit...I sent nuts.
    mesachick likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I sent nuts too and I believe we should stand up for the shows we enjoy and like...they are still using rating systems that are outdated and like Touch the only reason it is staying is because of Keifer not anything to do with the ratings and where is the fair in that

I think the American people should get a say so in what we like to watch and I am sick of good tv shows getting dropped just to make room for new so called reality shows
    mesachick likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I love that they're thinking of bringing Jericho back but ONLY if it has the same main characters and I'm afraid some have moved on.

Terra Nova & Alcatraz I could care less about at this point. It took us only 2 episodes of Alcatraz before we deleted it from our playlist; the whole premise of catching a diff. bad guy each week just didn't appeal to us. That said, I love Touch and hope it's around for a while.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I liked Alcatraz - really like it - in the beginning. The premise of catching a different bad guy each week was interesting . . . but, after they caught the con-of-the-day, the stuck him away in a cell and forgot about him. One small exception was the not-nearly-long-enough return of the first guy: Jack Sylvane (played by the incredibly handsome Jeffrey Pierce).

IMHO, withholding the info about why they all disappeared and how they found their way back was what did them in.

Sad that it won't be back, but I'm not surprised.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

well I am just tired of these networks not really giving a show a chance...think back 20 years ago and if they went by today's standards we would not have gotten many of the shows we now consider great classics...I know Mash didn't do well to begin with The Brady Bunch (yea I know its corny) but bunches of shows that by todays standard would have never gotten past the first 6 episodes...if they would do like NBC is doing and keeping all first season shows available to the public during the complete first season they would attract more viewers...you go now to watch a new show..say Revenge or OUAT and all you get free is the pilot and then the last 3 or 4 episodes but if a person really wants to get involved they want to see them all and NBC seems to the be only one with comman sense to realize this and its why when other shows are dropping Grimm has been picking up more viewers because they can catch up entirely on the show and see all the episodes and not pay for them...not saying they should do this for every season..but I think its a good premise for the first one..that way you have folks who want to watch it and give it time for word to spread and then when others have a chance they can see it and the viewership grows...but oh heck no CBS, ABC, and FOX if you don't get mega viewers in the first 4 weeks you are sunk and there is no chance....I am sick and tired of all the fake reality tv...I like a good tv show but we don't even get a chance to really get involved and they kill it..which brings up why in the world did they continue the Killing..now that was one show I did give a chance an entire season and it wasn't worth it but at least I hung in there and from what I understand its ratings are in the toilet and haven't left there and the story isn't moving anywhere
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread