+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 927
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

  1. #481
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Blair Underwood just mentioned on his Facebook page that Ironside has been cancelled. Really??? Is anything more ridiculous than NBC literally yanking the carpet out from under so many potentially good shows before they've even had time to grow legs?? I don't think Ironside even got past two episodes before the plug was pulled. Very disappointing to me as it was the next show on my list to start watching.

    I guess my boycott of NBC will continue. Thankfully I have no interest in any of the shows on their network anyway, so...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  2. #482
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    I'm kind of disappointed too. I haven't been watching because it conflicted with other shows, but was hoping to catch it later. It looked like it would be good.
    I've cut back on taping conflicting time shows. Last year I taped 2 at a time a few times a week, while watching another. I had so much to catch up on weekends that I swore I wouldn't do it again.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  3. #483
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    I had a feeling bee, so we never started watching it. For me, there was only one Ironside.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #484
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed too. I haven't been watching because it conflicted with other shows, but was hoping to catch it later. It looked like it would be good.
    I've cut back on taping conflicting time shows. Last year I taped 2 at a time a few times a week, while watching another. I had so much to catch up on weekends that I swore I wouldn't do it again.
    Yes, it can get a little cumbersome with so many unwatched taped shows stored on the PVR. It's hard to keep up with so many.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #485
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Oh no! I liked Ironside. I wasn't comparing it to the original. To be truthful, I would watch just about anything that Blair Underwood is in. Yum! Plus he's a very good actor.

  6. #486
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,235

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Heard Ironside was a dud so never watched it.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #487
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Oh no! I would watch just about anything that Blair Underwood is in.
    As would I.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  8. #488
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,401

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    I also like Blair Underwood, but I'm not sorry to see the last of Ironside. I don't like remakes especially when the original was so good.

    Welcome to the Family was nothing special, but it was was better than We Are Men, but what wasn't? I think I just enjoyed watching Mike O'Malley and watching Ricardo Chavira in a comedy.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  9. #489
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,133

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    I love Blair Underwood - but I had a feeling that Ironside would not last. I had the pilot on in the background, but it didn't really pull me in.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  10. #490
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: Cancelled or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Blair Underwood just mentioned on his Facebook page that Ironside has been cancelled. Really??? Is anything more ridiculous than NBC literally yanking the carpet out from under so many potentially good shows before they've even had time to grow legs?? I don't think Ironside even got past two episodes before the plug was pulled. Very disappointing to me as it was the next show on my list to start watching.

    I guess my boycott of NBC will continue. Thankfully I have no interest in any of the shows on their network anyway, so...
    The link I posted (it's right before yours) said it was 3 weeks in and that they would air one more episode. Welcome To The Family gets the ax immediately.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.