+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Aw. I enjoyed King and Maxwell. It was such a nice complement to Major Crimes in that it was like desert after a heavy meal.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Is Lucky 7 cancelled yet?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Lucky 7, gone, goner, gonest! Not so lucky after all.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I just heard this. Apparently they're not even going to air any more episodes. They're replacing it with repeats, or "reairs" as they're calling them.
    IIRC I was taping something at the same time. Looks like I'll have one less show to catch up on Saturday Morning.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

WE ARE MEN (on CBS) has been cancelled after just two episodes. Two Broke Girls will move into it's time slot. The Big Bang Theory will fill the "Girls" time slot for two weeks and then MIKE AND MOLLY will start it's 4th season on November 4th.

‘We Are Men’ Cancelled By CBS - TVLine
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Not surprised about We Are Men. Four men acting stupid all the time does not equal funny or entertaining, even with good acting talent. I tried it twice, but I can't say I'll miss it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I won't be surprised if Dads, Mom, and some of these others that attack the family unit directly will last long. Sure, there are dysfunctional families that have had long term success (All in the Family anyone?) but there is something about these two shows in particular I find off putting and disrespectful (and more than in the humorous tone.)

BTW - someone mentioning Camp being cancelled, I too am disappointed but am glad they were able to end it properly instead of leaving us hanging.

Bear in mind though - I wish we had more fluff stuff, such as Camp and the long canceled (well now) Pan Am.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I had never heard of it until I saw it was canceled.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I won't be surprised if Dads, Mom, and some of these others that attack the family unit directly will last long. Sure, there are dysfunctional families that have had long term success (All in the Family anyone?) but there is something about these two shows in particular I find off putting and disrespectful (and more than in the humorous tone.)
    And some of these series that are successful, like All in the Family, were/are well written, acted and really funny. Putting a controversial show on that is not good and is on just for the shock value etc... doesn't always work.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And some of these series that are successful, like All in the Family, were/are well written, acted and really funny. Putting a controversial show on that is not good and is on just for the shock value etc... doesn't always work.
    Which for the ones I listed are not well acted. If they had the talent we saw in "AITF" or "The Jeffersons"? Maybe, but talent for the most part in the industry is going the way of the dodo bird, especially in the younger area.

+ Reply to Thread