+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

I agree. No way to end the show. I hope that they would do a finale movie. They can't just leave him bleeding on the floor & her waiting on the altar.
    shyra and Katydyd like this.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I agree. No way to end the show. I hope that they would do a finale movie. They can't just leave him bleeding on the floor & her waiting on the altar.
    Well at least they didn't fade to black like they did in Sopranos or make it all a dream like they did in the one season of Dallas.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The article is from earlier this year but if anyone is interested in knowing, Cougartown was renewed for a 5th season (now airing on TBS) and will premiere in 2014. I've stuck with it so far, I just can't quit the "cul-de-sac crew", lol.

‘Cougar Town’ Renewed for Season 5 — TBS Picks Up Comedy - TVLine
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

BBC America has cancelled Copper

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    BBC America has cancelled Copper
    That's in my Netfilx queue to watch. Is it worth starting now? I wouldn't want to invest in a show that doesn't have a proper resolution (I'm looking at you Siberia!).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    That's in my Netfilx queue to watch. Is it worth starting now? I wouldn't want to invest in a show that doesn't have a proper resolution (I'm looking at you Siberia!).
    I am a history buff, I have read several books set in the time period at 5 Points/Mulberry st. The premise looked so good. I just didn't like it. DH gave up after a few episodes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am a history buff, I have read several books set in the time period at 5 Points/Mulberry st. The premise looked so good. I just didn't like it. DH gave up after a few episodes.
    Same here, libgirl, and then, of course, Gangs of New York was set there as well. Born and raised in Manhattan, I'm always interested in NYC history, so I had been looking forward to Copper quite a bit. I tried a few episodes and, like you, found I just didn't like it much.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

If you stopped watching Copper after a few episodes, I'd say you missed out. Is it the best thing on TV? No, but it's still pretty darned good and judging based on the first few episodes doesn't give you the whole picture. IMO, the show improved in the back half of the season and definitely improved in season 2. The last episode - the penultimate one of the series - gave me goosebumps. With one more episode left, I'm hopeful they'll give viewers some resolution.

I liked Gangs of New York if only for DDL. I'm NOT a DiCaprio fan and Cameron Diaz was horrid. The setting and DDL were worth the price of admission. Comparing Copper to a huge budget movie isn't really fair though. It's sort of apples and oranges.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Copper to me read as though it'd be one or two seasons myself. Not that it was a bad show, but it's just that ones such as that do have a limited run feel to them for the best impact. I don't know as far as here if it was going to be that way, but one never knows. (Then again - Fawlty Towers had I believe a total of 12 episodes, and people wanted more, but John Cleese said basically "Thank you but no, I want quality not quantity.")

I'm worried about "Orphan Black" though - I haven't seen anything on it and I think I read somewhere she is in a movie or another TV series now.

I don't remember seeing any mention of it, but we discussed the way The Glades ended & wondered if there would be some sort of wrap up episode. Well, according to TPTB over at A&E, No, that is not in the plans & will not happen. Jim continues to lie bleeding, Kallie continues to wonder where the heck he is, & we continue to wonder if they are able to get that bloodstain out of those hard wood floors.

+ Reply to Thread