+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

I was wondering about The Carrie Diaries... I also have a feeling Bones is done for.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was wondering about The Carrie Diaries... I also have a feeling Bones is done for.
    Bones was renewed in January.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I'm not shocked it was cancelled, it was a nice little show and I liked it, but they didn't use Ellen enough and far too many s/ls were heavy on political issues.

I'm not shocked about NY either. I am extremely disappointed about Go On getting the axe.
    I agree about not using Ellen Barkin enough. She's fabulous!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm kind of glad Hawaii Five-0 is moving to Fridays. There are always at least 3 shows in that Monday night slot I want to watch and/or tape. Numb3rs always did well for CBS on Fridays, so I do not consider it a death threat.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

But that's what scares me, Numb3rs was doing well and they cancelled it anyway. Just seems to have become the norm for the show I like on Friday nights!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think Numb3rs just ran out of steam. I loved it, too, but coming up with new ideas after so much time was difficult. Most of their stories were told.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wondered at this time if the reason Numb3rs got canceled had something to do with Rob Morrow, who is notoriously difficult. I think he was an integral part of the show, but I think he was probably also a nightmare to work with.

Aside from Monday Mornings and Body of Proof (and I'm still holding out hope that it will have new life on cable), all of my favorite shows have been renewed. I'm happy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

All I know is in the Fall, I am going to be so confused as to what's on when.
    Bones and Hawaii Five-0 on Fridays, Person of Interest is now at 10 on Tuesdays. Ack!

The one show I wish would have moved, The Mentalist, is keeping it's slot. I've missed almost half this season because of the constant overrun of other shows (The Amazing Race, maybe?) So annoying.

I think Numb3rs just ran out of steam.
    I kind of feel this way about Bones although I love the show. I wonder if the Friday move is a signal that it might be the last season.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    All I know is in the Fall, I am going to be so confused as to what's on when.
    Bones and Hawaii Five-0 on Fridays, Person of Interest is now at 10 on Tuesdays. Ack!

The one show I wish would have moved, The Mentalist, is keeping it's slot. I've missed almost half this season because of the constant overrun of other shows (The Amazing Race, maybe?) So annoying.

I kind of feel this way about Bones although I love the show. I wonder if the Friday move is a signal that it might be the last season.
    Most of that is due to Golf coverage running long in the afternoon & everything else gets pushed back.

+ Reply to Thread