+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Boo!! Southland was cancelled! Now I'll never know if Coop survived being shot. *sigh*
    I hate it when that happens! The least TNT could have done is give them a 2-hour special to wrap things up.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Boo!! Southland was cancelled! Now I'll never know if Coop survived being shot. *sigh*

Bummed about quite a few actually. Go On was pretty funny, so was Guys with Kids. Touch gone too Ugh.
    So Touch has been officially canceled? Too bad! It had such promise in the beginning, but they ruined it this year. I quit watching when the priest was trying to kill Jake.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Bummed about "Monday Mornings" (I guess I'll have to re-read the book).
    REALLY bummed about "The New Normal."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hate it when that happens! The least TNT could have done is give them a 2-hour special to wrap things up.

I heard they may make a two hour movie of Southland to wrap things up -- I hope not in the movie theaters I don't think it would do very good -- fingers crossed they do I don't like when they leave us hanging like that.

On another note, I was just looking at the ratings for Boston's Finest I called that a sleeper hit and they started with high numbers but man they have fallen in the ratings the lowest rating they got was like a .60 I cannot believe that show was renewed but Southland which actually grew in the ratings did not...my husband keeps saying betcha it had to do with the ole mighty green....I tend to agree.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All the info below came from the Facebook page of T V Guide Magazine:

NBC announced a fall 2013 schedule heavy on new series, including a dramatic overhaul of its Thursday night comedy lineup. Here's their new fall and midseason plans:

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST” (New James Spader drama)

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Biggest Loser” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – “The Voice” (New time)10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire” (New Day and Time)

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE” (New Blair Underwood drama)

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation” (New time)8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY” (New Mike O'Malley comedy)9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD” (New Sean Hayes comedy)9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW” (New comedy)10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood” (New Day and Time)

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC” 9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “DRACULA” (New Jonathan Rhys Davies thriller)

SATURDAYEncore programming

SUNDAY7:00-8:15 p.m. – “Football Night in America”8:15-11:30 p.m. – “NBC Sunday Night Football”

NBC MIDSEASON 2013-14 SCHEDULE
    (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST”

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Voice”9-9:30 p.m. – “ABOUT A BOY” (New comedy)9:30-10 p.m. – “THE FAMILY GUIDE” (New comedy)10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution”9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE”

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation”8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY” 9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD” 9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW”10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood”

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC” 9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “CROSSBONES” (New John Malkovich pirate drama)

SATURDAY8-10 p.m. – Encore and specials programming10-11 p.m. – “Saturday Night Live” (Encore)

SUNDAY7-8 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”8-9 p.m. – “AMERICAN DREAM BUILDERS” (New reality show)9-10 p.m. – “BELIEVE” (New Kyle MacLachlan drama)10-11 p.m. – “CRISIS” (New Washington D.C.-set drama)

ON THE BENCH
    Comedies: UNDATEABLE; Community
    Dramas: CHICAGO PD; THE NIGHT SHIFT
    Alternative: THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ; THE SING-OFF; FOOD FIGHTERS
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    All the info below came from the Facebook page of T V Guide Magazine:

NBC announced a fall 2013 schedule heavy on new series, including a dramatic overhaul of its Thursday night comedy lineup. Here's their new fall and midseason plans:

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST” (New James Spader drama)

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Biggest Loser” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – “The Voice” (New time)10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire” (New Day and Time)

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE” (New Blair Underwood drama)

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation” (New time)8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY” (New Mike O'Malley comedy)9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD” (New Sean Hayes comedy)9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW” (New comedy)10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood” (New Day and Time)

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC” 9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “DRACULA” (New Jonathan Rhys Davies thriller)

SATURDAYEncore programming

SUNDAY7:00-8:15 p.m. – “Football Night in America”8:15-11:30 p.m. – “NBC Sunday Night Football”

NBC MIDSEASON 2013-14 SCHEDULE
    (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST”

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Voice”9-9:30 p.m. – “ABOUT A BOY” (New comedy)9:30-10 p.m. – “THE FAMILY GUIDE” (New comedy)10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution”9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE”

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation”8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY” 9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD” 9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW”10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood”

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC” 9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “CROSSBONES” (New John Malkovich pirate drama)

SATURDAY8-10 p.m. – Encore and specials programming10-11 p.m. – “Saturday Night Live” (Encore)

SUNDAY7-8 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”8-9 p.m. – “AMERICAN DREAM BUILDERS” (New reality show)9-10 p.m. – “BELIEVE” (New Kyle MacLachlan drama)10-11 p.m. – “CRISIS” (New Washington D.C.-set drama)

ON THE BENCH
    Comedies: UNDATEABLE; Community
    Dramas: CHICAGO PD; THE NIGHT SHIFT
    Alternative: THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ; THE SING-OFF; FOOD FIGHTERS
    so now they are pushing grimm back to friday nights? YIPPPEEE -- but NBC stop changing the day for this show...LEAVE IT ALONE....thanks a fan.

On the CW - I am surprised "The Carrie Diaries" is getting another season. I haven't seen it on the TV in a while (unless it's not on Mondays like it said it was) so I wasn't sure. I like it for Freema Agyeman mind you, because a. she's funny and b. she's getting a good role to act, unlike how they treated her as Martha in "Doctor Who."

And love Gary Sinise, but I'm not surprised "CSI: NY" is canceled. It did however survive at least two (to my knowledge) threats of cancellation before it finally took the bullet, so that says something about the cast - they could pull it out.

"Monday Mornings" - yes I know it's cable, but it hurt because of "Castle" I think.

As I said in the show thread, I am NOT happy about Body of Proof being cancelled.

These network execs have no idea how to program for the 10-11 hour IMO. Especially on Tuesdays apparently. Body of Proof, Vegas and Golden Boy all occupied that slot and all are getting cancelled. I think they're overestimating the demographic for that hour as well as what the actual numbers (viewership) should be.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Rats! The New Normal was my other "laugh out loud" show, so both of my favorite sitcoms are gone.
    I'm not shocked it was cancelled, it was a nice little show and I liked it, but they didn't use Ellen enough and far too many s/ls were heavy on political issues.

I'm not shocked about NY either. I am extremely disappointed about Go On getting the axe.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    On the CW - I am surprised "The Carrie Diaries" is getting another season. I haven't seen it on the TV in a while (unless it's not on Mondays like it said it was) so I wasn't sure. I like it for Freema Agyeman mind you, because a. she's funny and b. she's getting a good role to act, unlike how they treated her as Martha in "Doctor Who."

And love Gary Sinise, but I'm not surprised "CSI: NY" is canceled. It did however survive at least two (to my knowledge) threats of cancellation before it finally took the bullet, so that says something about the cast - they could pull it out.

"Monday Mornings" - yes I know it's cable, but it hurt because of "Castle" I think.
    "The Carrie Diaries" aired on Mondays and the season finale was about a month ago so it hasn't been on. I'm actually glad it's getting another season. It's kinda taken OTH's place as the token CW show I watch. But it's quite good.

The only show I'm really sad about getting cancelled in "Go On" as I was enjoying it. Oh well.

And then we have Fox pushing Bones to Friday nights come late fall. I don't like this one bit.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

+ Reply to Thread