+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am so very disappointed about CSI New York.
    I just love Gary Sinise.
    I wonder what's next for him.

I will also miss Body of Proof.

Dang!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

man I just keep reading all the shows that had gotten axed on the channels....wow amazed and the funny part is they put on shows that are even worse then what was taken off....just smh and very disappointed I have a feeling I won't be watching much tv this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That's definitely your loss. It was one of the better shows on TV this spring. I'm disappointed that TNT didn't do more to promote the show. It had one of the best casts on TV and David E. Kelley as the creator and writer. IMO, if it had been on a network like ABC and given GA's slot, it would have been a big hit.
    I am so bummed that they canceled "Monday Mornings". I remember several months ago when TNT canceled some other shows and people said that they'd stop watching the network...I just might be there now.

I was watching the tweets last night (mostly from Michael Ausiello, formerly of TV Guide and now from TV Line), and it was so sad to see so many shows that I liked on the lists. Oh, well...

Well I'm really bummed too.
    I just got done watching the finale of Vegas. Great finale & if it has to stand as a series finale it was a great sendoff with a good solid ending.

I'm glad about Nashville. It took a while, but it grew on me & I love it.
    Body of Proof & Vegas, as good as both are, suffered the same problem: They just weren't geared toward the teen-early 20 market.
    I'm just so sick of these vapid trashy over violent kid shows. Pretty people, low morals, no substance. NOT interested!

When will the advertizers realize that the 40+ crowd has more spendable money & aren't nearly so fickle. They got us, they got show loyalty & product loyalty, & more bucks in sales.

I agree with Critical too, the cast of Mistresses looked so good, but the premise just doesn't cut it with me. Glorifying & acceptance of that type of behavior isn't something I care to watch.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Well that's disappointing. It was one of the only sitcoms I watched and one that regularly had me laughing out loud. At least they gave the show a nice finale.
    It was one of the only ones I watched, too, and it was VERY funny! I'm sad it's not coming back.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

NBC continues on its path of destruction. Smash (predictably) and The New Normal have both been canceled. At least TNN got a nice finale with no loose ends. Not surprised about Smash, but sad because it had so much unfulfilled potential.
    Rats! The New Normal was my other "laugh out loud" show, so both of my favorite sitcoms are gone.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Very sad about New Normal. Ugh!

I am too. At least they gave it a nice finale with a happy ending. I thought it was doing well for NBC. Shows what I know.

It looks to me like NBC is just clear cutting their schedule out of desperation. I mean, they did finish in 5th place behind Univision in the ratings more than once, so obviously something needs to change. Still, this feels like a "baby with the bath water" situation.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Boo!! Southland was cancelled! Now I'll never know if Coop survived being shot. *sigh*

Bummed about quite a few actually. Go On was pretty funny, so was Guys with Kids. Touch gone too Ugh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread