+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Hollywood Entertainment Breaking News - Deadline.com/hollywood

No more CSI:NY . . . no more Vegas . . . and it's not looking good for Golden Boy or Rules of Engagement

CBS has started to cancel existing series. Iíve learned that veteran CSI: NY has been axed, joining fellow spinoff CSI: Miami, which ended its run last season. Also over is freshman Vegas. Coincidentally, the two shows shared the same Friday 9 PM slot. None has been expected to survive beyond this season. CSI: NY, starring Gary Sinise, had a respectable nine-year run. With it gone, the mothership CSI series, already renewed for next season, is the only member of the powerful CSI franchise still on the air. Also likely to get a cancellation at CBS are freshman drama Golden Boy and veteran comedy Rules Of Engagement.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Bummer. I figured CSI NY would be gone, but I enjoyed watching now and again and kinda hoped it would stick around.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I just wanted them to wrap up all the storylines. Guess the best I can hope for is to have Mr and Mrs Mac Taylor go to Vegas on their honeymoon - at least that way I'll know they got married. Maybe they can bring pics of the wedding and Lindsay will be holding the new baby in some of the shots, standing along side a healthy Syd.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I didn't even know there was a show called Monday Mornings!

‘Monday Mornings’ Cancelled — TNT - TVLine
    That's definitely your loss. It was one of the better shows on TV this spring. I'm disappointed that TNT didn't do more to promote the show. It had one of the best casts on TV and David E. Kelley as the creator and writer. IMO, if it had been on a network like ABC and given GA's slot, it would have been a big hit.

Thrilled about Nashville being renewed, but really sad about Body of Proof. So continues Mark Valley's streak of killing TV series. Maybe if BOP had been in a better time slot of had a better lead-in show it would have done better. It had better ratings this season than last, but apparently they weren't good enough.
    Ellen and TripleGemini like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Was just reading about Body Of Proof. Hoping they at least wrap things up and don't end this season they way the ended last season.

Monday Morning was a brand new show so I didn't miss many episodes. I checked their website (TNT) to see if there was maybe a show I hadn't been considering when I was ready to make the statement that I don't watch ANYTHING on that channel. As it turns out, I was about 98% right. I do watch reruns of Bones and CSINY but that does't help any of the current shows they have.

NBC continues on its path of destruction. Smash (predictably) and The New Normal have both been canceled. At least TNN got a nice finale with no loose ends. Not surprised about Smash, but sad because it had so much unfulfilled potential.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

The good news among a lot of the bad is that there do seem to be some promising shows on the horizon for all. J. J. Abrams has two, maybe three of them, and Joss Whedon has a new one, too. Some of my favorite actors will have new shows, too. Terry O'Quinn and Jason Isaccs are among them and as was mentioned earlier, Josh Holloway. All of the above will get a look-see from me.

I'm also looking forward to ABC's new show, Mistresses that is starting next month on June 3, I believe. I'm interested mostly because Yunjin Kim is a cast member.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like the cast of Mistresses, but HATE the premise. I'll probably stay away for that reason. Based on the previews, it seems to treat adultery too lightly. I may wait to see what critics have to say, but I just don't think that one's for me.
    JavaJo and ilja like this.

Any news for any CW renewals or cancellations? If they cancel Nikita, I will flip the hell out, especially after my other favorite show, SyFy's Alphas, got cancelled on a cliffhanger.

+ Reply to Thread