+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    According to wikipedia, four episodes of Do No Harm were taped, but when I checked my online TV guide, there were no matches for Do No Harm. The ratings were so low, they don't even want to air what they taped.

Also, they should have tried Pan Am on a different night, at an earlier time. They worked so hard on restoring the interior of the airplane, and making the costumes. They got the cabin of the airplane from a junkyard in California, towed it to New York, and restored it. I wonder if they saved the airplane's interior, or did they tow it back to a junk yard.
    If they're smart they kept it - if nothing else for a display at a plane museum.

And I agree on earlier time - or even a Monday (7 or 8 p.m. - before Castle) or a Tuesday time.

Then again - it's like with "The Greatest American Hero" - they demand change, change things around (i.e. moving around the infamous storyline of one of the attendants shooting a nude layout, ergo breaking the flow), and even with decent viewership, just up and cancel it. The only difference here was Pan Am had the specific spot, whereas they killed "GAH" by moving it around too frequently. I still think part of that was due to the new producers hating SJC's idea of a superhero - this one dealing with the day to day issues with fewer "save the world" stuff.

The Job has been pulled fro the schedule, not that anyone was watching or cares, I'm just reporting the news.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The Job has been pulled fro the schedule, not that anyone was watching or cares, I'm just reporting the news.
    This one I'm actually am GLAD it was canceled. The reason being that these folks probably would do anything to get the job, and in turn that could make them look bad and ironically COST them more jobs than just on the show.

If you want to be hired for a job, you should apply and apply hard to get it. They should never try to make a quick buck off this, so good for the network to cancel it.

Happiness is that Community is back on!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'm so bummed. I just read that Drop Dead Diva has been canceled! They could have at least wrapped up the storylines. Unless it gets picked up by another network we'll never know how the Jane/Grayson/Owen storyline wrap up, as well as all the possibilities with Kim's pregnancy. I hate when networks slap the fans in the face with abrupt cancelations.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

It is official - "Zero Hour" has been canceled after three airings. Not surprised - from what little I saw it suffered a "Greatest American Hero: season three" effect - meaning it seemed to me to jump around on when it was shown. I could've sworn they had showed it twice this week.

You know - Even with the low ratings, at least "Pan Am" got a season. I wonder if they're regretting canceling that series.
    JulieAnn likes this.

FORT Fogey

They should have tried airing Pan Am on a different day at an earlier time. Also, sometimes there would be weeks at a time when they aired somethng else in Pan Am's place. A lot of non-serious viewers of the show must have stopped watching it for that reason. The network never treated the Pan Am show well.

Honestly there are a lot of shows that I may have watched but they come after a couple hours of reality and game shows that I'm not interested in watching. I kind of get to the point in the evenings that I wander away from the TV when I'm bored and find something else to keep me amused and once I'm away I don't come back to make sure I catch a show. I suspect that's why I miss a lot of the drama's because they're always on later and I've already given up on TV for the day.

Critical posted this news already in the Drop Dead Diva thread, but it's coming back for a 5th season. Yay!

Apparently, fans made a difference this time, and Sony decided to find a way to make it happen.

The following article tells about how it happened. There are some very vague spoilers, so don't read if you are worried about that.

Drop Dead Diva Season 5 Spoilers — Josh Berman on Renewal, Cuts - TVLine
    inthegarden likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I've got a feeling it's going to get cancelled but I really liked Red Widow on ABC last night.

+ Reply to Thread