+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Here's the yearly cancellation watch list. It updates as they get new information.

2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble? - TVLine

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think this list is a bit old, though certainly interesting. It doesn't have the updated CBS renewals from last week for example: CBS Renews 15 Series; in 'Preliminary' Talks for 'Two and a Half Men' - Hollywood Reporter
    I'm glad 2 Broke Girls is renewed. I'm hoping against hope that Pan Am is given another chance.

I am surprised that while CBS mentions The Amazing Race AND Survivor it does not mention BIG BROTHER which returns this summer JULY 2012.
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Can't imagine ABC not renewing Once Upon A Time. If anything, they should make it a two-hour show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Whitney is the only new show I watch besides Mike & Molly & the only show in years that makes me laugh out loud every single week. I'm so disappointed.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Whitney a long shot??!?! WTH! And they keep crap like How I Met Your Mother?
    And I feel the exact reverse!

The only show I really enjoy that's pretty much DOA now is A Gifted Man. I've gotten to the point where I don't even get attached to most shows because I know they'll likely get canceled.
    Florimel and Moontat like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I actually like Whitney. I hate How I met Your Mother and always have too.
    I liked the premise of it the first 2-3 years, thinking it was actually moving towards living up to its name. But once I saw that very little or NO progress was being made to get to that point, not enough hints except that yellow umbrella and something about a wedding and the class that Ted wandered into, all of which have pretty much fizzled, I stopped watching it because nothing else about it interested me. If I ever see an article or a post here that says they're going to show something about Ted meeting the mother, I'll watch again, but I bet I won't have missed anything for all the shows I haven't seen. Love NHP ... can't stand his one-note character, and the college dorm mentality of the cast who are all a little old for that by this time.

I love How I Met Your Mother and look forward to it. I'm also glad that New Girl and Last Man Standing were coming back, esp. Last Man. I don't think it has a lot of viewers but the writing is excellent and extremely witty. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And I feel the exact reverse!

The only show I really enjoy that's pretty much DOA now is A Gifted Man. I've gotten to the point where I don't even get attached to most shows because I know they'll likely get canceled.
    Perhaps you should just give up the BIG 4 network shows & look to USA, TNT, FX, A&E & SyFy. Those channels are willing to give shows a chance to build an audience & renew them more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Perhaps you should just give up the BIG 4 network shows & look to USA, TNT, FX, A&E & SyFy. Those channels are willing to give shows a chance to build an audience & renew them more often than not.
    Totally agree! The networks you mention are among my favorites though A&E isn't as good as it used to be. I would add AMC an TBS to the group. I also appreciate that most of the good shows on these cable networks are repeated several times during the week so that you can view them at a convenient time if dvr or on demands are not options.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I totally can't afford to get cable and am stuck with the networks. I watch cable once in awhile at my mom's house and find that for the most part I don't like any of the cable channels either that come in here. I miss A&E when it actually was arts and entertainment and TLC when it was actually about learning not just buying houses and dresses and flipping houses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I totally can't afford to get cable and am stuck with the networks. I watch cable once in awhile at my mom's house and find that for the most part I don't like any of the cable channels either that come in here. I miss A&E when it actually was arts and entertainment and TLC when it was actually about learning not just buying houses and dresses and flipping houses etc.
    Same here. No cable or anything like it. No streaming on the computer either.
    The only thing I really miss & would like is AMC, that is if it's still old classic movies. That & The Weather Channel. For some reason I always find that addictive.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread