+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

We have another cancellation. NBC has pulled the plug on Animal Practice.

Not surprised about Animal Practice. Good cast, terrible, terrible show.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    To the best of my knowledge we have the first cancellation of the year. Made In Jersey has been cancelled immediately after just 2 shows on Friday night.
    I never watch Friday night television but I watched this one. It wasn't too bad and the second episode was an improvement over the first. I just wish they'd at least give some of theses hows a 5-6 episode chance. There are many shows that start off slow but find their groove and pick up steam. Some don't, but how in the world can they know what is going to end up being a decent show or not if they never give them a chance?

And the show about the Neighbors that are aliens....The first episode wasn't very good but we've been watching it and it's improving (IMO). My husband and I love the dirty one liners
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Not surprised about Animal Practice. Good cast, terrible, terrible show.
    I'm actually glad... after what happened with the Olympic closing ceremonies, I kind of wanted it to fail.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Also not surprised they pulled Animal Practice. I only watched one episode and that was more than enough. I like Justin Kirk, but this show was beneath him. I'm glad they put it out of its misery.

I never watched Made in Jersey, so I can't comment. I've been watching Mob Doctor and, in spite of the laaaame name, I've enjoyed it. I like the cast, so I'll go along with the premise. I'll be disappointed, but not surprised, when and if it gets canceled.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While not surprised about its cancelation, I liked Animal Practice. I'm usually not a fan of monkeys as sidekicks in shows (remember Ross' monkey on Friends? ugh) but Dr. Rizzo was adorable! I'm surprised Neighbors is still around. I caught it a couple of times and didn't hate it but also don't find myself seeking it out. Just bring back Community and Rules of Engagement already and I'll be happy!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Vegas & Elementary have both been given full season green lights.

Glad to hear about Vegas. I really like it.

Glad to hear about "Elementary" That is one of the very few new shows I've actually been enjoying this season. I'm liking "Go On" - rather to my surprise as I'm not a huge Matthew Perry fan, and "Nashville," but that's about it. I watch "The New Normal" and wished I liked it more than I do, but . "Beauty and The Beast" isn't horrible - but nothing I couldn't miss. I find myself doing dishes or cleaning up when it's on and paying attention only halfway. I'm not really watching anything else new, and none of the shows have really grabbed me the way, say, OUAT did last season. I'm still looking forward to some of the mid-season shows ("Cult", and "The Following"), so I haven't completely given up hope yet....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

The only two new shows I like are Elementary and Go On, so I'm glad to see that they're both hanging around.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread