+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1594
Like Tree832Likes

Thread: Cancelled or Not?

Re: Cancelled or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I can't vouch for the accuracy, but I am not surprised. I wasn't going to watch without Nick Stokes, so it makes no difference to me.

CBS Cancels 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'; Will Not Return For Season 16 | National Report
    I am not surprised either - 16 seasons is a lot of seasons now, and they are probably starting to rehash so many plots it's becoming obvious. It's still an entertaining show, even if the numbers have dropped so it's better to go out now before it really gets bad.

I will miss Ted Danson though in this series - it was nice to see him in something that was not comedy and do very well in it.

That said, I'm not sure how long "Cyber" will last. It will at least be awhile because of Patricia Arquette's Oscar win, but it will have to work hard to keep up the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I am not surprised either - 16 seasons is a lot of seasons now, and they are probably starting to rehash so many plots it's becoming obvious. It's still an entertaining show, even if the numbers have dropped so it's better to go out now before it really gets bad.

I will miss Ted Danson though in this series - it was nice to see him in something that was not comedy and do very well in it.

That said, I'm not sure how long "Cyber" will last. It will at least be awhile because of Patricia Arquette's Oscar win, but it will have to work hard to keep up the same standard.
    I do believe Ted Danson is to be a part of the cast on the next season of Fargo.
    Florimel and PWS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

I have already seen one bad review of it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I do believe Ted Danson is to be a part of the cast on the next season of Fargo.
    He was also a major part of Damages and played a villainous character, but the whole cast was.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I had actually been enjoying the Ted Danson/Elizabeth Shue additions to the CSI gang. I figured the show would end eventually but I don't have to be happy about it. I watched Cyber and while I had high hopes going in, it did have some problems. Mostly, I just attributed it to the actors still trying to get comfortable in their characters. The editing needs work too. The thing that I'm not sure of is how many different storylines can they come up with in their niche that will be engaging to the viewers. One of the things I liked about the other CSIs was the science of investigating the murders. The forensics was interesting and I know many couldn't stand of of the more gory aspects, that helped make the show more interesting from a scientific aspect for me. The concept of Cyber is in itself detached and I just don't know if it will hold my interest.
    Hyper likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

NBC has cancelled Allegiance.

Not surprised at all about Allegiance. I made it through one episode and that was only because I'm such a Hope Davis fan. I felt like I should give it a fair chance. The acting was okay, but the writing was terrible. The worst thing about it for me was the TERRIBLE Russian. Many of the characters who were supposed to be native speakers sounded like they had learned it phonetically. It was glaringly obvious, especially since the actress who played one of the daughters was clearly a native speaker. Obviously, not everyone is going to have a problem with that aspect of the show, but nothing else about the show was any good either (aside from some of the cast) or people would have watched.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I made it through the first episode, also, but I don't know how as the initial scene was horrific. I can see that turning people away.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CBS has renewed Mom & Mike & Molly for next season.
    combatcutie, march and PWS like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I tried to get into Allegiance but it was too slow to burn. The reasons why the family became spies and stayed in it so long, why they couldn't get out now, why they had to reveal it to their son and try to enlist him into it made no sense to me. I'm afraid I won't miss this show. There are so many other shows on that are better.

Normally I get upset with networks when they pull the plug on a show after only a few episodes but it's justified in this case.
    Florimel likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread