+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Missing

CCL

Missing

Decided to start a thread...

Caught the first episode. Pretty good. The locations were great. It looked like they filmed some on location, something I wish Pan Am had done.

Who thinks Sean Bean/the husband is involved? I think he faked his death (just happened to forget the ball and have to send his son back), maybe to protect his family and now the people after him are trying to get to him through his son. Or maybe he knew his wife was having an affair with the Italian, faked his death and is now involved with his son's kidnapping for some reason.
    Debb70 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: Missing

interesting comment about the husband faking his own death..that thought never occured to me but I like him and would like to see him again....but if he did fake it...is that the reason he sent his son back in for the soccer ball so he wouldn't be in the line of fire..would have given him a chance to escape without anyone really seeing it...I am liking this show...problem is...there just seem to be too many shows on right now I like and really don't need to be spending that much time in front of the boob tube
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I recorded the show and watched it this weekend when I have more time. Plus there isn't much on Saturday nights, so I have time to watch my recorded shows.

I really liked the show. Man they have Ashely Judd really kicking ash! I look forward to it now. I hope others will come to this thread and comment.

Great idea above about the fake death. I though that immediately. Hey, I watch too many of those shows where nothing is as it appears. LOL Oh, and what was the deal with the Tea Pot that they were taking back to mom? Hmmm......

well from what I understand from the writings of the critics and the ratings it doesn't bode well for this show..its a shame...I think its interesting and something different...but it seems that all people want to watch anymore is Reality..oops I meant scripted drama tv that there is not one thing real about them
    Debb70 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well from what I understand from the writings of the critics and the ratings it doesn't bode well for this show..its a shame...I think its interesting and something different...but it seems that all people want to watch anymore is Reality..oops I meant scripted drama tv that there is not one thing real about them
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm getting tired of reality shows actually. It would almost be a relief if they would go away. Some of them are just too addicting. For example, I have tried to stop watching American Idol for the last several seasons, but keep getting pulled back in. This season though, I may just walk away. It's a weak season IMO.

I do love Dancing With the Stars though. That show entertains me. LOL

I hope they stick with this show since it's only 10 episodes. We all enjoyed it at my house. Both my husband and I are glad it is only 10. Otherwise it would need major rehaul IMO to make it a good continuing show.

Since all 10 episodes are already in the can, ABC will likely air all 10, even if they decide to move the show from Thursday night. It had to have been pretty costly to produce since they shot so much on location, so I wouldn't think the execs would just cancel the show and shelve the remaining episodes.

Sean Bean's character could be, alive but even if he's not I'm sure we'll see a lot of him in flashbacks. We'll need to find out why he was targeted in the first place to understand why her son was kidnapped.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I hope they stick with this show since it's only 10 episodes. We all enjoyed it at my house. Both my husband and I are glad it is only 10. Otherwise it would need major rehaul IMO to make it a good continuing show.
    I'm curious as to why you and your husband think the show may need a major rehaul. Can you explain?

Oh, I also heard on tv last night that the show got good ratings for it's first night. It was about 10.5 million.
    TV Ratings: American Idol leads Thursday, while Community tops Missing premiere - HitFix.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm curious as to why you and your husband think the show may need a major rehaul. Can you explain?

Oh, I also heard on tv last night that the show got good ratings for it's first night. It was about 10.5 million.
    TV Ratings: American Idol leads Thursday, while Community tops Missing premiere - HitFix.com
    I'd guess that the overhaul would be required because, really, how long can she run around the world looking for her son before the story is resolved? It seems more like a miniseries than a long-term series unless they change the focus from her saving her son.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'd guess that the overhaul would be required because, really, how long can she run around the world looking for her son before the story is resolved? It seems more like a miniseries than a long-term series unless they change the focus from her saving her son.
    I haven't watched it yet, but just from reading, I wonder if she will find her son after 10 episodes. If they have planned for any more in the future, it could open up a wider conspiracy for her to investigate. I don't really know if this was planned to be any longer than a 10-episode short series, but if so, I think there are possible avenues to explore.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast