+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Missing

Re: Missing

I didn't watch last night, but recorded. I plan to watch it tonight.

This was another show that I enjoyed that was cut from my viewing. I was starting to wonder about half way through how they were going to continue with it, but I did like many things about the show (especially the cast). I just hate it when I get invested in a show and then I hear it has not been renewed. This season that has happened to a lot of shows that I enjoyed. Seems like they keep things on that I could care less about watching and take away the better ones. I just found this thread after watching the final show or would have posted sooner. Makes me wonder just what will be left to watch other than reality shows, talk shows, game shows, comedy, etc. While some are okay I find a lot of them rather boring or too much of the same thing.

How was the finale? Did it wrap all the issues? I don't mind reading details of what happened before I see it. That doesn't bother me at all.

Debb it did wrap everything up and the whole family was reunited. I took the following from a writeup on it which gives a better blow by blow description then I could have quickly done. I have to add that the torture that Rebecca did on Violet had to be quite something as Rebecca told her step by step what she was going to do to her. You saw her start to cut off the thumb first as I guess that hurts the most and of course you only heard Violet's screams. I was disappointed that it did leave us with a cliff hanger possibility that doesn't matter since the show has been cancelled. I would recommend you watch it if you have watched all along as it was pretty exciting.

This is what happened - Dax manipulates Bulgarian officials to allow Dax into the jail where Paul is being held. Dax tells Paul to pistol-whip Dax, and make an escape. Violet makes a failed escape attempt. After struggling to stay true to her personal values, Rebecca realizes the only way Violet will give up information, is through torture. After a period of torture at Rebecca's hand, Violet reveals the location where Martin Newman will exchange the nuclear material. Turkish police provide backup, as Dax gives chase to decoy contraband couriers. Then realizing the true courier is a girl who posed as a tourist asking Martin Newman a tourist question, Dax chases the girl to recover the stolen nuclear material. Becca is reunited with Michael, and Michael is surprised to see his father alive after all these years. Becca kills Martin in a shootout on the roof of a Turkish temple. One week into the family reunion in Prague, Rebecca goes to retrieve their parked car. The car is stained with Becca's fresh blood, but Becca is missing.
    Debb70 likes this.

CCL

Oh show...couldn't just have the happiness in Prague, huh? I'd have liked a Giancarlo show-up but, no, blood-spattered car and missing Becca instead. Sigh.

At least they kept the good visuals to the end. I never knew that Istanbul was so beautiful.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Oh show...couldn't just have the happiness in Prague, huh? I'd have liked a Giancarlo show-up but, no, blood-spattered car and missing Becca instead. Sigh.

At least they kept the good visuals to the end. I never knew that Istanbul was so beautiful.
    It would have been so easy to have edited that little moment with going to get the car out! I wish they would have.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    It would have been so easy to have edited that little moment with going to get the car out! I wish they would have.
    I AGREE. The only reason I can think that they left it in is that maybe they think they have a shot at being picked up by another network and want to leave a cliffhanger for that reason.

Overall, I enjoyed watching Ashley Judd in that role. I thought she did a great job and I think she is underated as an actress. There were some issues with the script at parts, but overall, I thought it was good.

When the scene of her getting into the car was filmed, they didn't know they would be canceled. Who do you think she was supposed to be smiling at when she got into the car? She obviously knew the person as she looked at them fondly. Who was it?

I read an article the other day that indicated that the show was planned as a 10-part miniseries and they didn't expect (although they hoped) to be picked up for a second season.

I did read an interview with the creator and he indicated that they would have gone to Africa in the second season. Part of me is disappointed that they didn't get a second season, but I'm sort of glad they didn't. So many shows drag on for too long and last long after they should. I'd rather be left wanting more than be crying "uncle."

I'm not really an Ashley Judd fan, but I enjoyed the show in spite of her.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I read an article the other day that indicated that the show was planned as a 10-part miniseries and they didn't expect (although they hoped) to be picked up for a second season.
    I had heard that too which makes me wonder why the ended it the way they did.
    Debb70 likes this.

I guess it makes it more interesting
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345