+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Missing

Re: Missing

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Giancarlo couldn't be dead because Paul is going to heroically (and fatally) sacrifice himself, thereby earning redemption and freeing Becca to be with Giancarlo. Calling it now.

I did find it rather creepy that Dax and Vi were both in their underwear when her duplicity was revealed. What, did he sleep with her one last time for the sake of it? While his team was outside, waiting to arrest Vi?
    Yeah, there were so many implausible and annoying things in the script last week. We were yelling at the tv in frustration. I never noticed them in the earlier episodes, but that one was too much. I felt like changing the channel. I'm going to see the finale, but after last week, I can't say I'll miss it too much. I did really like much of the cast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, there were so many implausible and annoying things in the script last week. We were yelling at the tv in frustration. I never noticed them in the earlier episodes, but that one was too much. I felt like changing the channel. I'm going to see the finale, but after last week, I can't say I'll miss it too much. I did really like much of the cast though.
    I thought it was very OTT from the start. I watched only two episodes. So, I am glad I didn't invest any time in this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like this show but to me it shouldn't have been set up as a returning series...it should have been like a 10 week mini show like they show us in Summer...I just don't think there would have been much to do with it once she located her son and that was the purpose of the show and I think if they had had that in mind it wouldn't have been drug out like it has been
    cablejockey likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I don't think it was set up as a returning series. They shot all 10 episodes before the first one aired, so I think it was meant as a stand-alone piece, whether or not it got picked up. Not that they wouldn't have done more episodes if ABC had renewed it, but I don't imagine it would have come back as a 22-24 episode series - we'd probably get another 10 episode mid-season replacement deal.

We've got one more episode - the finale is Thursday - and I would be surprised if they didn't wrap up the story with Michael being reunited with both of his parents. They might leave it a bit open with other aspects of the story, but I'll bet the Winstones will all be back together in the finale. I can imagine that they might have Paul die in a noble way, but I don't think they'll leave the main plot line unresolved.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and they'll give us a major cliffhanger on Thursday, in which case I'll be really annoyed!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah, I better not see a cliff hanger. That would be horrible. And I hope they corrected all those implausible, silly blunders in the script. They were terrible last week.

Can someone tell me how this works. When the writer has things in a script that are just stupid and unlikely, can the director overrule it. Can the director say, we are not going to act that portion out, because it's stupid and the audience will not appreciate it and then fix it? Does the director have to get permission to make changes? I'm just curious.

CCL

It is hard to clearly say. Director is in charge overall but he has people to answer to - the producers, the tv execs - and they may try to convince him to go a certain way. I think these other people are more influential in the world of tv (having to chase ad dollars), rather than in film, but even in the film world there have been instances where the people with the money at stake (iie the producers or studio execs) took over editing of a final piece from the director in order to make the final product more popular/saleable.

I don't recall anything that ludicrous from last week's show apart from when Dax was in his underwear with the villainess?

There better not be a cliffhanger. Bit worried as it seems to me they would need more than one episode to wrap things up.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I'd just rather Sean NOT die again.. lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

But he's required to die in all his projects.
    Critical likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

LOL yes he is, but he HAS already died once in here I knew from day one he wasn't dead... so happy I had a few more weeks of Ned.. no matter what his fate.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

There's about 5 minutes left, but I'm liking how the final episode is wrapping up. Of course they'll probably throw some sort of wrench in that in the last seconds.

ETA: Looks like I was right about that!
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 05-17-2012 at 09:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast