+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Missing

Re: Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'd guess that the overhaul would be required because, really, how long can she run around the world looking for her son before the story is resolved? It seems more like a miniseries than a long-term series unless they change the focus from her saving her son.
    GREAT point. It's funny too, because when I first heard of the premise I said to my friend, the same thing. How long can she look for her son? Then I thought of an OLD tv series where the guy looked for his wife's killer (the one-armed man!) IT came on many years ago and was called The Fugitive. IT also became a movie. (It was based on a true story, too.)

I hope it stays around for awhile. I really like it. I think I could write some scrips for it. LOL

I can buy Ashely Judd as former CIA. She sells it IMO. I compare her to a show I love on Showtime called Homeland. I don't buy their CIA agents so much.

Debb70, yes the show you mention was The Fugitive with David Janssen. Its finale was the highest rated show ever until the M.A.S.H. finale. The character was looking for his wife's killer. He had been wrongly convicted of her murder, escaped, and was looking for the one-armed man who was the real killer while he was being chased by the Lt. Gerard played by Barry Morse. Later a movie with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm not saying that we need another show like the Fugitive, but I think I can handle the same theme on Missing for one season. Depending on how it turns out, perhaps she can continue solving crimes or protecting our country in some way.

I have an idea. Did any of you watch the The Unit? What if Ashely Judd's character led a team of women like The Unit into foreighn countries to protect America? I can envision it. Oh.......I forgot. I think it was too expensive to make. That's why The Unit was cancelled. Oh well.......LOL

I've been out of town so just now getting back. Critical is right that we think the storyline of looking for her son needs a resolution. However, that doesn't mean that it's not a great show. I think it could turn into her either still doing missions, or perhaps looking for other missing children for parents. We just felt it would need to change/resolve. From the short blurb I read (I have no idea where) it sounded like Ashley signed on because it was only 10 weeks and wasn't necessarily interested in doing anything long term. She didn't want to be away from her family for long stretches IIRC.

The show is good enough though that I think even once a year for 10 weeks could be interesting. I would tune in again as long as this year's continues like it's been.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post

Who thinks Sean Bean/the husband is involved? I think he faked his death (just happened to forget the ball and have to send his son back), maybe to protect his family and now the people after him are trying to get to him through his son. Or maybe he knew his wife was having an affair with the Italian, faked his death and is now involved with his son's kidnapping for some reason.
    I think they seem to be pointing towards the husband still being alive. It's interesting, though, how the bad guys are leaving Ashley's character alive.

CCL

I don't care what happens, I just want them to stay in beautiful seaside Italy with the handsome Interpol officer. /shallow

I kept yelling at her friend to go home already. Kind of far to go for a shoulder to cry on. But I guess if they see themselves as like sisters...and her party dress was really pretty. /shallow again

Interesting showing the son and his captivity in Russia. At least he's not being kept in a dank cell. Wonder what exact motive the girl has. Lot of interesting threads to keep hold of.
    Debb70 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree about the scenery. I just love it! What a treat for a tv show. I find the show very exciting. There are some script issues here and there, but I hope that improves.

I'm trying to figure out why they want the kid. Is his dad someone we aren't aware of? Is he of some royal linage? What if he is wanted for his organs? Is there some rich person who he is a match for? I'm just grasping at straws here. LOL

well..well..well...whomever called wondering if the husband was really dead or not kudos we got the answer to that tonight..now the questions i am left with...is he really guilty? and was he running away...or was he being set up and pretended to kill himself to protect her and Michael....and if that is so has he gone rouge or has he been trying to clear his name
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

It was me! I watched the episode on Tuesday and I was all aha! But i didnt want to spoil it for others.
    I think he will turn out to be good. In all the flashbacks he seems to be a good guy. But, then again, they've had the Italian guy as a potential love interest and would they being him in if they knew the endgame would be her reuniting with her husband? But, then again, the Italian guy was not in the last episode so maybe he won't be a part of the storyline anymore...so many questions. But the husband is played by Sean Bean and he always seems to die in his projects so he'll probably end up dying in episode 9 in a heroic fashion that will reunite him with his family and leave the door open for the Italian to come in and "comfort" Ashley Judd's character.
    I enjoy the story in and of itself but the travelogue aspect continues to be of interest. Dubrovnik looked beautiful.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-05-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree, CCL - I think he'll turn out to be good as well. Maybe that makes me an optimistic sap. I don't care. One thing's for sure - the show just got A LOT more interesting!

Anyone else think Oksana may not have actually been injured? It crossed my mind that she's in league with Michael's kidnappers. The blood looked really fake, which of course it was, but with these shows, I'm so suspicious of everyone!
    justCoz and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast