+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Rosie Show

FORT Fogey

The Rosie Show

I like her new format. She is great at conversation and wise. The advice she gave Patty B was invaluable and I think she is going to take it.

She is the one to do prime time interviews, not Barbara Walters. She is even better than Barbara's high opinion of herself!

I thought this show deserved a slot of its own after cruising 3 pages of threads looking for the OWN channel and not seeing it. There isn't much to say about that network at this point anyway.

Tony Danza is not someone who I would be compelled to watch in an interview but I enjoyed it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Rosie Show

I've been a big fan of Rosie's all the way back to her earliest appearances on 'Star Search' in the 80s (where she won, big time, by the way!). I am still a fan and am always interested in what she has to say. It doesn't matter to me if I agree with every point she tries to make. Very rarely do we agree with people on every opinion that they have. But that's okay! Rosie is extremely bright and interesting and relevant. She is passionate about the things she believes in --- and she is extremely warm and humble. And, did I mention, funny? It is PURE JOY to have Rosie on her own talk show every day. For me, it's one of the best hours of the day.
    cablejockey, Florimel and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

^^^^ I have always liked her too. I was disappointed with her format when this show started. Not her, the format. It is good now.
    Debb70 likes this.

I agree with those above. I love Rosie and THANK GOD they adjusted the show. IT's SOO much better.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Her new show is so good. I adore this woman!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I heard something on TV this morning that her show is in trouble because she wants to move it to NY, plus her people find her really hard to work for. Don't know if either of those are true.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I can believe the 'wanting to move the show to NY' part --- that seems totally consistent with who Rosie is -- BUT there is NO WAY that she is "really hard to work for." She is one of the most loving, caring bosses around. Sorry, not buying that. Sounds like it's just more media trash.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I can believe the 'wanting to move the show to NY' part --- that seems totally consistent with who Rosie is -- BUT there is NO WAY that she is "really hard to work for." She is one of the most loving, caring bosses around. Sorry, not buying that. Sounds like it's just more media trash.

I don't work for her so I don't know either way.....I can't say. I do like the new format of her show.......huge improvement over the original.

However, I remember when she was identifyng herself as the "Queen of Nice" on the old show. When the show ended, there was nothing nice about Rosie in how she presented herself to the world.....almost enjoying being other than her old personna.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm wondering how you know this? Do you have inside info, or is that just your guess based on her public persona?

I don't know Rosie. What I see of her, I mostly like--a lot, but I can totally see how she might be hard to work for. She's acknowledged that she has major mood swings, and I think she's quite a perfectionist. Both of these could make it challenging for her staff.

It's possible for someone to be nice and charming and wonderful to watch and also very difficult to work for. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I've always loved rosie, ever since I saw her in A league of their own. She is a riot. So funny !!! there isn't many funny people like her. She cracks me up. But to be honest, I don't think anyway this show will ever top her first talk show in its prime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast