+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Awake - Thursdays NBC

New Show that looks really good:
    Awake - Starring Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies)
    The previews look really interesting & different. It's about a man who survives a bad car wreck with his family & is now living 2 realities, one awake & one asleep, but he doesn't know which is real & which is dreaming. Both seem just as real. In each, when he goes to sleep he switches to the other.
    In one reality, his wife survives with him, but his son dies. In the other his son survives with him, but his wife dies.
    He's a police detective, so that ought to add some action & excitement.

I'll be watching. I hope it's as good as it sounds.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 03-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Awake - Fridays NBC

I've been impatiently waiting for this to start! I'm hoping it's as good as it looks also. The whole premise gets me - can you imagine each scenario and not sure which is "real"? The last commercial I saw during Grimm gave me goosebumps! The premiere can't come soon enough.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have watched the pilot. It's been available on my On Demand for a couple of weeks now, and I really liked it. I'm a big fan of Jason Isaacs (I do miss the long white blond hair though .) In any case, I'm absolutely planning to watch Awake on a regular basis.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I screwed up!
    Mods please change the title of this thread to say Thursdays NBC instead of Fridays.
    By the time I realized it, I couldn't change it.
    I don't want to mislead anyone. It's bad enough I don't know what I'm doing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I screwed up!
    Mods please change the title of this thread to say Thursdays NBC instead of Fridays.
    By the time I realized it, I couldn't change it.
    I don't want to mislead anyone. It's bad enough I don't know what I'm doing.
    Yes, it is on tonight (Thursday) at 10/9 pm, which is its regular time, but it will repeat a few times during the week.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh, that's tonight!!!

I'm so glad the DVR is set - if I had to actually remember to manually flip the channel, I'd miss everything that's on.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

well I'm watching...just what I need another tv show to get invested in...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I thought it was a very good show...interesting concept a little on the sci fi side which I love but for the last couple of years sci fi shows haven't done very well but I think this one will....so many ways they can take the story lines
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Can't wait to watch this. I've had it programed to record. Really interesting concept. Surprises me since it seems (to me, at least) that Hollywood has no imagination anymore and just relies on re-makes, cartoons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Can't wait to watch this. I've had it programed to record. Really interesting concept. Surprises me since it seems (to me, at least) that Hollywood has no imagination anymore and just relies on re-makes, cartoons, etc.
    There has been a lot of buzz about this show just because the concept is so original.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast