Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Re: Awake - Thursdays NBC

me too

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Is the finale this week? I had food poisoning this last week and thought I missed the finale, but there's something in my weekly TV paper about it this week.

Yes, this week is the finale. Let's hope things get at least partially wrapped up and Laura Innes' character gets exposed.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

In Canada the finale aired last night and i'm left confused. I'll wait to post more, but the ending really threw me off. The last 15 minutes really.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    In Canada the finale aired last night and i'm left confused. I'll wait to post more, but the ending really threw me off. The last 15 minutes really.
    I just watched it here in the States and whoa! You aren't the only one confused. I came here hoping someone else had posted and can explain it to me.

Do we make the ending whatever we want it to be? So was he dreaming all along or are they fixing to get in the car just before the wreck?

Edited to add: what an episode! If every one had been this good, it might not have been cancelled. I'm just left in awe.

Come on, networks, cable, anyone? Someone pick this up.
    Moontat likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was this the ending they planned??? I mean as a season finale? Or did they know they were being maybe cancelled and film this as an optional ending to leave us
    Click to see Spoiler:
    happy
    ? (only a spoiler if you didn't see it yet)

The crash took place at night, but I never knew where they were coming back from.... At the end it is morning and the kid wants to get to "registration" at 9... for what I"m not sure... so don't see how it can be pre-crash... If he just woke up post crash surely he'd be in the hospital and even if the family all survived he'd still have a cop trying to kill him...
    So all I can think is [spoiler] it was all a dream???[/spoler] If you saw it already you can click on it...just trying not to spoil it for the West Coast viewers!

I loved the squabbling therapists! If Awake is cancelled then maybe the one will go back to SVU....he just "visited" where he indicated he wasn't crazy about being a single gay therapist who doesn't believe in the death penalty in OK (why did he supposedly go there anyway?? Well, wrong thread for that question!)...maybe a hint he'll return.

OK tomorrow we can really dissect this...too hard tonight without giving stuff away to the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Was this the ending they planned??? I mean as a season finale? Or did they know they were being maybe cancelled and film this as an optional ending to leave us
    Click to see Spoiler:
    happy
    ? (only a spoiler if you didn't see it yet)

The crash took place at night, but I never knew where they were coming back from.... At the end it is morning and the kid wants to get to "registration" at 9... for what I"m not sure... so don't see how it can be pre-crash... If he just woke up post crash surely he'd be in the hospital and even if the family all survived he'd still have a cop trying to kill him...
    So all I can think is [spoiler] it was all a dream???[/spoler] If you saw it already you can click on it...just trying not to spoil it for the West Coast viewers!

I loved the squabbling therapists! If Awake is cancelled then maybe the one will go back to SVU....he just "visited" where he indicated he wasn't crazy about being a single gay therapist who doesn't believe in the death penalty in OK (why did he supposedly go there anyway?? Well, wrong thread for that question!)...maybe a hint he'll return.

OK tomorrow we can really dissect this...too hard tonight without giving stuff away to the West Coast.
    Wasn't there a part in it about being able to go back in time and space? After all, his other self did help him to go back and see the murder even if with a penguin. Maybe that's what this was going to be about if the show had continued. Maybe that was the morning of the infamous wreck and the actual wreck happened on their way home? Maybe the next season would have been about rather or not one could change the past if one is able to visit it.

While I've watched most of the shows, I did not watch them closely so I can't remember if they actually said what they were doing on that day.

When the woman psychiatrist just froze in mid sentence and the door to Britten's bedroom opened up, I was lost. Up until then things kind of made sense--he picked one reality, he solved the murder of his family--but I really dont know what to make of that ending! Did they do it thinking there was going to be another season? Or is this the ending they decided on for the whole shebang? It smacks too much of Bobby Ewing getting out the shower and his whole year of being dead just a dream!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And if it was just a dream, were those police officers really crooks? And he got a hint in his dream to look into it....which then caused them to try to kill him....argh... Or was it all just a dream?
    Or, as the therapist said, maybe he was just choosing a 3rd reality/fantasy where no one died?
    Well, if it hadn't been cancelled maybe we'd have found out. Boo hiss...
    Well, just as it stands it was a great little series with a confusing/unsatisfying ending probably due to no fault of their own. I did wonder how they would have sustained the split reality once the basic murder mystery was solved.... would it just have become a "case of the week" type show?

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    When the woman psychiatrist just froze in mid sentence and the door to Britten's bedroom opened up, I was lost. Up until then things kind of made sense--he picked one reality, he solved the murder of his family--but I really dont know what to make of that ending! Did they do it thinking there was going to be another season? Or is this the ending they decided on for the whole shebang? It smacks too much of Bobby Ewing getting out the shower and his whole year of being dead just a dream!!!
    Do you recall what the psychiatrist was saying just before she froze?

+ Reply to Thread