+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Re: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Wow! Just watched this week's episode. It's hard to see things ending well in either reality, though I think maybe Wilmer Valderama's character may save the day in the reality where he's the partner. I couldn't believe they killed off his ex-partner in that one. And I don't see how things can go down too well in the other reality, either, since they went to the captain! Wonder why they went to her and not to IAD, since they didn't know who was involved. I guess they assumed it was just in the other precinct.

Interesting that he finds everything out in this season's finale. I wonder what they had planned for next season. It kind of seems like once that mystery's resolved that the story's over, though I'm still not sure whether or not he's really conscious in any reality.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The Finale is in 2 weeks: 5/24. The description says, "Britten learns the truth".
    Sounds like we'll at least get some degree of closure. I hope so.
    I'm hoping the same thing- that we learn the truth as well.
    Moontat and Jaceegirl like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Another show that I got invested in and enjoyed watching. I don't understand why this show along with many others that I thought were good and different than the usual have all ended up being cancelled. I watch a lot of shows from my DVR and I don't know if they are able to take that into consideration as I can't be the only one who does this - sad to see this one go.
    Realitychick, Moontat and Coco46 like this.

Just watched the most recent episode... seriously don't understand how such an interesting and fresh storyline would be cancelled... Great acting, writing and mystery. I'm so tired of networks being out of touch with tv viewers... Some shows for some reason just take off in the ratings, but others need time to build an audience... then SPLAT... a handful of billionaires with yes men all around them ruin it for the rest of us.
    Florimel, Moontat, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh, come on, cancelled... jeepers... this is a great show, great idea, appealing star and partners in both realities, both professionally and family wise... I even like the therapists. And for the SF shows like Alcatraz and the dinosaur one they always say it was too expensive...this is just a cop show! OK, maybe you need slightly more actors with two realities, but a lot of them appear on both sides... GRRRRRR.

I agree PWS. I have really enjoyed this show. This week's finale will be bittersweet.
    Moontat likes this.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

This is another wonderful show that belongs on cable -- USA, AMC, TNT, SyFy-- where it would have a chance to grow its viewership.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wonder if they are going to bring closure to the story since it is cancelled?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This is another wonderful show that belongs on cable -- USA, AMC, TNT, SyFy-- where it would have a chance to grow its viewership.
    ITA - I've been keeping my fingers crossed that we'll soon hear it was picked up by one of them.
    Moontat likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    That would be great! If anyone hears of a write-in campaign to ask one of them to do it, let me know!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread