+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Re: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Maybe it's like the movie "Source Code"? I'm quite curious to see how it all plays out.

I'm starting to think that this whole thing is perhaps being manipulated by an outside source, purpose unknown as yet, (coverup?, corporate greed?, scientific experiment?, combination thereof, or something else). Neither reality may be real, but manufactured to be used as dreams placed in his head, purpose again unknown. Just pure speculation on my part, of course.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm starting to think that this whole thing is perhaps being manipulated by an outside source, purpose unknown as yet, (coverup?, corporate greed?, scientific experiment?, combination thereof, or something else). Neither reality may be real, but manufactured to be used as dreams placed in his head, purpose again unknown. Just pure speculation on my part, of course.
    That actually makes sense.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    We are soooo behind watching this show, altho I keep recording them. Seems like your hunch was correct, as I just saw on the last episode I watched, with the interaction with his boss, Laura Innes, and the unknown man.
    Such a great show...finally something really different. I also loved the interaction with him and his son about the motorcycle.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I keep forgetting to come here and comment! My personal theory is that the main guy died in the car crash and his spirit is in limbo. He's imagining being alternatively with his wife and his son because he can't bear to pass over without them.

I like this show! It's really different. Amazing concept for a show.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

But what was the interaction with Laura Innes and the shadowy guy? I mean he didn't observe it so it wasn't a part of either reality. I'm still watching last night's show where he is so sleep deprived he doesn't know what reality he is in...plus the opening with the psychologist (in wife's reality) discussing delusion and schizophrenia with students as they observe the man who will wield the bomb. There are too many factors (especially the current episode) where realities collide outside of case solving. Intriguing, but who is he and why does Innes need to keep a close eye on him. She only appears in the son's reality, doesn't she?

I'm getting more and more confused. So, the wife returned from Oregon and so far (from where I am on the DVR) there has been no discussion of her trip or ambitions. I think they've gone through the Looking Glass with this one.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It looks like we'll get a few answers or at least hints in the next episode.
    At this point I have to check the TV listings every week to see which episodes are new & which are repeats, & which aren't even on because of being pre-empted. Just about the time they get us hooked, they make us wait a month or more for a new episode.
    That drives me bats.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Lombardo Boyar did a masterful job as Jose Cabrera in this week's episode titled, 'Ricky's Tacos'. The subtle range of emotions he displayed in his final scene was the stuff of great actors.
    Florimel likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Lombardo Boyar did a masterful job as Jose Cabrera in this week's episode titled, 'Ricky's Tacos'. The subtle range of emotions he displayed in his final scene was the stuff of great actors.
    Was he the guy with the tiger/diablo tattoo who had killed his brother?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Was he the guy with the tiger/diablo tattoo who had killed his brother?
    Yep!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread