+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Okay, so last night's ending was very confusing to me. What is going on with the police captain (the character played by Laura Innes, former Doctor from E.R.) and that sinister looking man? Did I miss something in the very first episode which said that the auto accident was not accidental?

Re: Awake - Fridays NBC

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My husband said the same thing to me when I said ''Oh I have to remember to watch that''...he replied ''Or you could just not get into something else.''

I liked the first episode but I hate that I am spending so much time trying to figure out what the real story is...my theory is that he is in a coma and dreaming both realities.
    Mine, too!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, that discussion implied that the accident that killed the son/wife was no accident. Also that the hero is remembering a bit about the accident, which is why he was focusing on the short (5'3" or 4") guy in the police report. And "Keri" (eventually I'll learn her new name!) is kind of trying to protect the hero from the guy she was talking to, cover for him.
    I'm not sure if she said kill ALL his family or not... Anyone tape this? I agree, important clue if she did!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, that discussion implied that the accident that killed the son/wife was no accident. Also that the hero is remembering a bit about the accident, which is why he was focusing on the short (5'3" or 4") guy in the police report. And "Keri" (eventually I'll learn her new name!) is kind of trying to protect the hero from the guy she was talking to, cover for him.
    I'm not sure if she said kill ALL his family or not... Anyone tape this? I agree, important clue if she did!
    I just watched it and was coming here to comment on that. She did say "ALL," which made me wonder in what reality that conversation was taking place.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

There wasn't really anything that gave the storyline away after the first episode. When they did a look at what's coming up all season they certainly put several moments about this overarcing mystery. I'm not sure what I think about it. I also wonder if we will actually get to find out or it'll always remain a mystery.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oy vey... does that imply that in the real reality both of them are dead???

I expect we'll learn the answers sometime. I hope that is quite a long while away since that would mean a long run for this show. I love not knowing and letting myself explore a number of theories -- best kind of storytelling for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I just watched it and was coming here to comment on that. She did say "ALL," which made me wonder in what reality that conversation was taking place.
    Considering it wasn't a conversation he was privvy to, I'd say the "real" reality. I don't think he's in a coma because his boss is aware of him searching for short men.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I really do like this show but find I can't think about which side is real too much b/c then I get really emotional, like when it showed the mother and son both riding the bike in each of their realities. Ack! But it was nice that he used information from his wife's reality to get closer to his son in their reality.

I'm curious about the accident being set up and who's behind it. It seems that Carrie's character (sorry, I can't think of her real name so I always go back to ER) appears in the wife's reality b/c the detective was a detective when she called Lucius (I really need to learn all of the character's names) into her office.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I really do like this show but find I can't think about which side is real too much b/c then I get really emotional, like when it showed the mother and son both riding the bike in each of their realities. Ack! But it was nice that he used information from his wife's reality to get closer to his son in their reality.

I'm curious about the accident being set up and who's behind it. It seems that Carrie's character (sorry, I can't think of her real name so I always go back to ER) appears in the wife's reality b/c the detective was a detective when she called Lucius (I really need to learn all of the character's names) into her office.
    It appears that way, since she was also wearing the same outfit when talking to the mystery guy, but the fact that she said that they'd killed ALL his family made me wonder if she was in a third reality--perhaps, as someone else said, the REAL reality. Just because he was looking for short guys in the wife's reality doesn't mean that there isn't some other reality that's outside of his current consciousness where he's saying something about short guys. He could be unconscious or semiconscious and rambling about that. I did think it was interesting that he hadn't solved the crime in the wife's reality this week.

+ Reply to Thread