+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

Re: Awake - Fridays NBC

I really enjoyed it. I love the premise and its originality. I find it intrigueing the different lighting that they use for each portion though it does seem like happier lighting with the wife. That almost seems wrong in a way since most folks agree that there is nothing like losing a child but doesn't the son's lighting seem more like a dream?

I'm looking forward to seeing more and hope the writers remain true to the story and not do like other shows mostly do and turn it into something else that I don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    The Firm has been cancelled, so NBC will be providing reruns of it for the next few weeks until their new shows start.
    Thank you. I will take another look at Awake
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought it was a great first episode but caught myself many times inwardly groaning at the emotions he must be feeling, trying to figure out which is reality yet not wanting to truly know. DH is more skeptical about it b/c he can't figure out the purpose of the show - is he solving crimes based on things happening in each reality or is he supposed to be figuring out which is real (which he says he doesn't want to do and I can't blame him!) DH also didn't like the fact that he was telling both shrinks that he doesn't want to wake up - he said that's what they lock people away for...

Not that it matters - if DH tunes out then this'll join Revenge and Ringer as my show and I'm perfectly okay with that.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Miss Scarlet, I changed the day on the title for you.

I really like this show. Can't wait to find out which reality is true!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: Awake - Thursdays NBC

I'll have to check it out. I'm curious, though, how one maintains a premise like this over the long haul. Won't he eventually have to figure out which reality is real? When that happens, what's does the focus of the show become then? How long can the go on with him living in two realities? I like the idea of this show, but I just have to wonder about that.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I did notice the change of mood lighting between the wife and the son storylines. I think it is because he and his son are more at a distance from each other than he and his wife.

The real weirdness came in the first episode when he realized that clues from one crime scene matched another crime scene. It is also interesting that the characters differ between the two realities. In one (the son) he is with his long time partner; in the other that partner has left and he is mentoring a new detective up from the ranks. Yet, we see that newbie as a uniform cop in the son's reality. No wonder he is confused!

Now that he is aware of the clues overlapping his realities relating to different crimes, will he go crazy or will others think him off his rocker? Probably the latter...this could get as confusing for the viewer as for the characters.

P.S. I love both psychologists and that he has a different one for each reality. Also, it was a challenge to accept Jason Isaacs without his white mane and a sneer on his face.

On my record list!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Miss Scarlet, I changed the day on the title for you.

I really like this show. Can't wait to find out which reality is true!
    Thank You!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Waaaaaiiiiit a minute now.
    What did she say about killing ALL of his family? Did I mishear that?
    If not, OMG!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Mmmm, I love me some Jason Isaacs. Been a big fan of his for years, so I DON'T miss the white mane, but then, I'm used to drooling over him in Event Horizon where those blue eyes of his just pop.

I'm loving the premise of this show too. Haven't gotten to watch the second episode yet, but I really enjoyed the pilot and I'll definitely be watching it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I'm watching...just what I need another tv show to get invested in...lol
    My husband said the same thing to me when I said ''Oh I have to remember to watch that''...he replied ''Or you could just not get into something else.''

I liked the first episode but I hate that I am spending so much time trying to figure out what the real story is...my theory is that he is in a coma and dreaming both realities.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread