+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Awake - Thursdays NBC

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Awake - Fridays NBC

I really enjoyed it but after about fifteen minutes hubby tuned out and started reading. He just could not get beyond the original premise of the show, which he thought was ridiculous. I enjoyed seeing Steve Harris again on TV and Wilmer Valderama in a role other than "Fez" from That 70's Show. I'll keep watching but since I have no DVR will have to watch on Hulu b/c Private Practice resumes at 10 in two more weeks.

Dh loved it, me, not so much. What happened to The Firm, I was enjoying that.This show has its time slot.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Dh loved it, me, not so much. What happened to The Firm, I was enjoying that.This show has its time slot.
    It has moved to Saturday's on our station.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Yes, The Firm is still around. I watch both.

Did anyone else notice that Dylan Minette, the actor playing the son, also played Jack's son on Lost? He's got a very nice resume for a young actor.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

Did anyone else notice that Dylan Minette, the actor playing the son, also played Jack's son on Lost? He's got a very nice resume for a young actor.
    I didn't notice that til you pointed it out...well...he sure should be used to weird story lines...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    It has moved to Saturday's on our station.

I will have to check! thanks so much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

I noticed immediately. Anytime a Lost alumni appears in anything, I notice.
    I also noticed the guy who used to play Fez. He's getting to be a good looking guy.

I really liked this show. It made you think & pay attention to details. I prefer shows that actually make you watch them instead of wandering in & out of the room doing other stuff, one of my habits.
    For now, its on my must-see-or-tape list. The previews looked good too.

I also kept picturing Jason Isaacs with his long blonde wig. I'll have to get past that.
    Ellen, Florimel and Moontat like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I noticed immediately. Anytime a Lost alumni appears in anything, I notice.
    I also noticed the guy who used to play Fez. He's getting to be a good looking guy.

I really liked this show. It made you think & pay attention to details. I prefer shows that actually make you watch them instead of wandering in & out of the room doing other stuff, one of my habits.
    For now, its on my must-see-or-tape list. The previews looked good too.
    The opportunity to engage the brain while watching is precisely what makes a show a 'must-see' for me.

I also kept picturing Jason Isaacs with his long blonde wig. I'll have to get past that.
    Me too, I picture that whenever I see him in anything. He's a good looking man and that white blond hair made him extremely attractive before Malfoy lost it all in the last 3 films. Same was true for me with Orlando Bloom as Legolas. It was the most attractive he ever looked for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also thought this was excellent--well acted all the way around. I liked seeing the psychologist from L&O:SVU turn up again as one of the psychologists here--talk about typecasting! I especially liked the way both psychologists tried to figure out a way to "test" which was the real reality to "prove" that they were the real thing to him. Think I will try to watch/tape this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The Firm has been cancelled, so NBC will be providing reruns of it for the next few weeks until their new shows start.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread