+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The River

The River

Did anyone else watch this last night since they have been promoting it very heavily...I have to say I wasn't impressed at all...as I stated in the bachelor thread all I could think about with all the cameramen and producers around was what lenghts and manipulations they would go too to get their shot the story line IMO was just too wierd and wasn't easy to follow..and its another show about a son with daddy issues...I loved LOST but didn't we have enough daddy issues on that show to last us a lifetime
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: The River

I agree; I was also not impressed. With all the darkness and shaky camera work, it was difficult for me to follow a good part of the time. I was looking for good character stories, but I found only hints, monsters, and hack and slash. I'll probably give it another chance next week, but I'm not hopeful.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

There are some comments about the show on the "New Fall Shows" thread. I have to agree with those there who said they didn't like the hand-held jerky camera, "Blair Witch Project" feel of it. I don't know if I would want to suffer through that week after week. I also found the show a little disturbing which isn't a good thing for me for a show I'd watch to relax and unwind before I go to sleep.
    In addition, I was annoyed with the way the plot progressed. It seemed to me that the son did a couple of 180's about not wanting to go on/continue the hunt for his dad. I didn't feel his changes made sense. I may continue to watch for another epi or two to see if it grabs me, but overall I didn't enjoy it.

Also, did anyone besides me have a hard time understanding what they were saying at times? Like when they were interpreting, I only got a word here or there and that frustrated me.

I liked it & I'll stick with it. There's only 6 more!
    The shaky camera didn't bother me. I actually hardly noticed it. The wife's acting bothered me though!
    I'm pretty sure the only person that will be alive at the end will be the girl that doesn't speak English!
    I'm also pretty sure that the wife had an affair with either the Bodyguard guy or the producer.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I'm guessing the wife had an affair with the producer. Didn't they kiss at the beginning before going in to the bar to talk to her son?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Ugh, I made it through the first episode all right but when the doll's head showed up, I glued my eyes to my laptop and didn't look up again. DH might watch it but I'm not interested. Like nanarama said, I like to unwind before bed...I don't want freaky babies in my head before I close my eyes!
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I really wanted to like this but I just kinda got bored and left the room about 40 mins in...which is longer than my husband who lasted a hot 15 and called it a dud!
    Florimel and 2boysmom like this.

I didn't make it through the first epi either. I tried, but it had all of the confusion of Lost, without the attraction of Lost! Meh
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I didn't make it through the first epi either. I tried, but it had all of the confusion of Lost, without the attraction of Lost! Meh
    I never found Lost confusing in any way, but I was very much "lost" while trying to watch The River.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast