+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 6

Re: Army Wives - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the info on CF. I forgot that. It is a serious condition and many with CF eventually need lung transplants.

I do think that financial crisis was a bit overdone. Now that he isn't going to be medically separated, they are fine financially. Oh well, he never got his pay reduced, so I guess it was that pet bill that almost made them go broke. lol

Which man do you think Gloria picked? Gloria needs some counseling since she actually thinks being with a rageaholic man who cheats and abuses her is a great option. She's a beautiful girl, but I would rather see Pat with the new girl he was talking to, though, I don't see how that is possible. She will soon in in the Army right? And therefore cannot have a relationship with a higher ranking Army man, right?

It was sad to see Roland and the kids go. I never liked Joan, but he sendoff was nice, though the video of Roland with the older characters seemed thrown together.

Why does Denise's character seem so fake lately? It's like no matter what she does, it seems fake. Like when her husband walked in the door. She seemed so casual about it. It's like she isn't real. Even when she was talking about getting help for Tim to his wife, she seemed so robotic.
    Do we know that this was just a season finale and not a series finale?

I actually like all of the new "tribe" members and I think they are trying for more realism in the story lines. It is interesting that they are trying to show how PTSD impacts the spouse. Just because he gets some help does not necessarily mean he will stop having flashbacks and nightmares. He is getting treatment ... but SHE needs to go to a support group and understand what's going on. Nobody really explained it to her and they are talking about sleep reintegration. His problems are more than sleep deprivation.

I think Gloria is very conflicted and just by the way,Jackie Clarke set up the meeting with Patrick and Jordan and that seems to be her preference. Jordan definitely seemed interested in Patrick. She said she was liking the Army "more every day". I am not sure about the fraternization between ranks.
    Gloria needs to understand that Hector is also going to have some residuals from this combat experience. It could very well increase his rage ... and he is also now beholden to Tim ... and this works in his favor with Gloria. I don't know who she'll choose .. but in my opinion ... she needs more time and needs them to both agree to lack of exclusivity.

I have always really liked Catherine Bell ... since JAG! But ... I think I lean toward agreeing with you on the diminishing depth of her character.
    I thought Denise was going to take over the FRG and all, but there is something off about her. She is now the last of the original "tribe" and maybe she is being written out eventually as well. Holly was in crisis, and she just left "for work" and that may be her exit route. Frank broke his ankle deplaning (?) and he is really just a non-essential character. We'll see I guess.

I do NOT like "Kat "Young with Michael at all. I see no chemistry whatsoever ... and all the acting regarding that (Michael, Kat, Denise) all felt very fake to me. icky!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I like Brooke, but she's not much in the romance department. Maybe the chemistry will come in time.

I do wonder why Kat's daughter would be too eager to get with a guy who is an officer in the Army. He is above her in rank, so I don't think they can socialize. Recall when the girl that used to date Denise's son fell in love with a higher ranked guy? They had to keep it on the down low, move away, and then get married without letting on they were in love. I think you can get court marshalled for it.

I won't be too picky with the writing on this show, simply because I know it has many issues, but the way they insisted on taking Tim back to his house where his wife was was really bad judgment. He really hurt her and could have gone off at any time. The idea that good intentions, sympathy, and emotion should overrule safety is ridiculous. Nothing bad happened, but in general taking a person suffering from PTSD back into an environment where they have assaulted a spouse is a huge mistake. I liked the idea of taking him to a hospital first. Of course, Hector, the voice of reason prevails. Please. He's the only thing about the show that really annoys me now.
    Coco46 likes this.

I think the very strict rule of NO fraternization exists between Officers and Enlisted personnel. I believe if that happens the Officer can be Court Martialed.

Since Jordan is at the Citadel ... she actually is training to be an Officer herself. Once she graduates, I believe she will have the opportunity to be commissioned in the branch of the military she chooses ... she says Army ... so a relationship wouldn't necessarily be prohibited. Patrick is a Lieutenant and I believe when she graduates from whatever program she chooses, she will be a Lieutenant. Even if he gets promoted, it could very well be like her mother... a Colonel ... and General Holden.

Jackie Clark would know all this and wouldn't have opened the door so wide for Jordan and Patrick. Jackie Clarke just doesn't approve of Gloria. Gloria is the divorced ex-wife of a lower ranking enlisted soldier. I am not sure how to say this but there is definitely what I will call a class difference between Officers and enlisted ... AND their wives. They rarely move in the same circles.

The whole thing is really very interesting.

As to why Jordan might want a relationship with Patrick ... well he's not bad looking for an ... um ... General's son!
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I was "Susie Sunshine", I'd be catching the first thing smoking away from Tim. She can love him from afar, and get back with him later if things improve with his condition.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, I hope they don't come back with a new season and have Tim all fine again after he went into the hospital for a little while. Based on their history, I have no idea the show will handle the issue of PTSD with any realism or correct information. They've dropped the ball plenty of times on many issues.

I think Lifetime hems and haws on its decision every year to pick up this show for another season so we have to assume any season finale could also be a series finale. I would have liked to have known who Gloria chose but I'm thinking it doesn't matter if it's Patrick because with him going to Ranger school and the Citadel girl with her googly eyes at Patrick, Gloria may be too little too late making up her mind. While I do see growth in Hector's character, I don't think he and Gloria should get back together. He still has a lot of anger issues to sort out.

The money problems with military families is real but seems like Quincy doesn't want his wife to work.

I'm ok with Michael getting involved with Kat but would be nice to know just how much time has gone by since CJ's death. However it will be interesting for him to be with a career woman who isn't the dutiful stay at home wife handling schedules, FRG stuff, and cocktail parties like CJ did. And Emmalin probably won't be happy either. I think the show screwed up when they killed off Amanda. I think her character had potential. They could have sent her off to college and brought her back after CJ died.

Interesting how Denise asked Holly why she didn't tell her about Tim the day earlier but when Jeremy was abusing Denise she didn't tell anyone for months. When careers are at stake, I can see how people would be tightlipped about PTSD but I'm glad Holly spoke up and Tim is getting help.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Yes, it seems that Denise has a short memory. She's upset that Michael, whose wife is dead, is dating, but she had an affair with a living husband. lol Stop Denise. You look silly. Her character has seemed odd this season, but they haven't set it up for her to leave.

I think that Emmalin resembles Kat's daughter.

Jordan ( Kat's daughter/Citadel Cadet) ... has some good things going her. Mom's an AF Colonel, Mom's romantic interest/possible hook-up is an Army General, Jordan seems to have an interest in an Army LT, who happens to be an Army Genera'ls son ... she herself is seeking an Army Airborne career.

All we need is some Marines and Navy.

ETA ...
    Her character has seemed odd this season, but they haven't set it up for her to leave.
    But Michael has an oddly acquired injury that if complicated could force him to retire ... or at least stifle any career growth. Denise has been interested in some foreign missions ... so the set up might just be subtle and opening the door for her to be less starring and more a supporting character?

They have done this many times before, but part of the "story" is that in the Military, the human landscape is always changing.

I think one character that could be developed more is Maggie.
    Last edited by echo226; 06-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I guess Army Wives is officially over!

But there will be a two hour wrap-up special "Army Wives: A Final Salute" this Sunday evening, March 16, 2014 on Lifetime. Apparently there'll be interviews with pretty much the whole cast, including Kim Delaney!
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

I'm going to miss this show, but I wish there was going to be some closure. This was my go to comfort show.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread