+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 6

Re: Army Wives - Season 6

Was that Hector who was killed last night? Did the black soldier make it?
    I can see where the story is going with the young, naive soldier. They are going to show him suffering from PTSD. Didn't they do that with Denise's son a few years before he was killed? I really don't want to see it again. I know it exists, but it's been done and it's too much to add to this show, IMO.

For starters, this show always bites off more than they can chew. They bit off the diabetes story with CJ and then handles it terribly. You can't half asp handle something like Type I diabetes. But they did. Then they bit off an organ transplant, then they bit off substance abuse with Jackie. Neither were handled well. I really hope they don't go into another big issue such as PTSD (again), with not enough correct information and long term planning on how to cover the story without insulting people who really have it.

Where is the baby?

What has Joan decided?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Was that Hector who was killed last night? Did the black soldier make it?
    I can see where the story is going with the young, naive soldier. They are going to show him suffering from PTSD. Didn't they do that with Denise's son a few years before he was killed? I really don't want to see it again. I know it exists, but it's been done and it's too much to add to this show, IMO.

For starters, this show always bites off more than they can chew. They bit off the diabetes story with CJ and then handles it terribly. You can't half asp handle something like Type I diabetes. But they did. Then they bit off an organ transplant, then they bit off substance abuse with Jackie. Neither were handled well. I really hope they don't go into another big issue such as PTSD (again), with not enough correct information and long term planning on how to cover the story without insulting people who really have it.

Where is the baby?

What has Joan decided?
    Most of your questions were answered on Sunday's (MaY 19) and I don't want to answer in case you plan to watch. Remember the "period of adjustment comment Denise made a while ago? I think their intention is to show the various ways combatants are affected and how they ... and their families adjust.

PTSD is a real thing. It has been called many things .... battle fatigue, shell shock etc ... but thank goodness different forms are being identified and it is finally being diagnosed and there are attempts to treat.

Any ACCURATE depiction that expands awareness is fine with me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh oh, if you are expecting anything accurate, steer clear of Army Wives....lol. Seriously, they just don't know how to do research. They will give a little bit of the truth and then 20 points of misinformation. I feel like, here we go again. Oh well.

I wonder if Gloria is going to be burned badly and if she has medical insurance now.

I was so disappointed when Hector was shown to have survived. I felt a little guilty, but I just knew he was gone. Too bad. He's an abuser and he has not lost his rage problem. He had it with Gloria and he still had when he was deployed just a few weeks ago. He hasn't changed. Gloria is letting her sympathy overrule her mind. If the fire doesn't do her win, Hector will. Hector getting back with him really makes me sick. Doesn't the show realize they are condoning domestic violence. Recall he was abusive to Gloria and men like that have honeymoon periods where they are all nice and then bam, they go off. She should know this. Hector is a stalker in the making.

I will make a prediction. Someone will show up at The Hump Bar to save Gloria, probably Hector. He will come back to tell her something he forgot and find the place on fire, go in and rescue her, right. That way she will be indebted to him for saving her life. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh oh, if you are expecting anything accurate, steer clear of Army Wives....lol. Seriously, they just don't know how to do research. They will give a little bit of the truth and then 20 points of misinformation. I feel like, here we go again. Oh well.

I wonder if Gloria is going to be burned badly and if she has medical insurance now.

I was so disappointed when Hector was shown to have survived. I felt a little guilty, but I just knew he was gone. Too bad. He's an abuser and he has not lost his rage problem. He had it with Gloria and he still had when he was deployed just a few weeks ago. He hasn't changed. Gloria is letting her sympathy overrule her mind. If the fire doesn't do her win, Hector will. Hector getting back with him really makes me sick. Doesn't the show realize they are condoning domestic violence. Recall he was abusive to Gloria and men like that have honeymoon periods where they are all nice and then bam, they go off. She should know this. Hector is a stalker in the making.

I will make a prediction. Someone will show up at The Hump Bar to save Gloria, probably Hector. He will come back to tell her something he forgot and find the place on fire, go in and rescue her, right. That way she will be indebted to him for saving her life. I hope I'm wrong.
    Hector was abusive and a cheater before he went off to war ... and while I hope he gets some help and deserves acknowledgement for serving his country ... I would like to see his redemption happen elsewhere and without Gloria.

I'm thinking Patrick may show up to save Gloria. He showed up and then left Holly & Tim's because Hector was there ... but he has unfinished business with Gloria.... And remember he couldn't sleep and refused Mommy's company He just may go there and find the fire and save her..

Tim is damaged by what he has experienced ... but Patrick is also changed. So this is why I think the PTSD issue may be addressed showing how it affects the soldiers ... but then also the officers who were unable to save their men and sometimes deny any residual problems from self blame.
    I will know if it's fairly accurate or not.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-21-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Did anyone notice who the actress was who played Reba Green, the dead soldier they were honoring mother? It was Eve Plumb from The Brady Bunch. I didn't notice her, but read it somewhere and then checked. She is in the credits.

I wonder if that dog is hurting Latasha's son's asthma. He keeps having so many problems. I thought indoor pets were not recommended for asthma patients.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought he had CF?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought he had CF?
    He does ... but it supposedly is not a problem. I feel so sorry for all of them and that situation. I hope they can keep hubby from being medically discharged. However ... I thought that he and the family would retain insurance benefits if he is separated. I guess I was wrong.

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

CF is always a problem. It tends to kill people early. Maybe she meant that he had been having a "good streak"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    ]CF is always a problem. It tends to kill people early. Maybe she meant that he had been having a "good streak"?
    I know and I was responding to the "dog" issue only.

Apparently a pets aren't prohibited ... unless, of course, there is a known allergy. If any person has outdoor allergy's, pets can bring more allergens, pollen, etc., into the house. But, a child with CF doesn't have to be deprived of a pet. Asthma is a whole different set of circumstances.

Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for the info on CF. I forgot that. It is a serious condition and many with CF eventually need lung transplants.

I do think that financial crisis was a bit overdone. Now that he isn't going to be medically separated, they are fine financially. Oh well, he never got his pay reduced, so I guess it was that pet bill that almost made them go broke. lol

Which man do you think Gloria picked? Gloria needs some counseling since she actually thinks being with a rageaholic man who cheats and abuses her is a great option. She's a beautiful girl, but I would rather see Pat with the new girl he was talking to, though, I don't see how that is possible. She will soon in in the Army right? And therefore cannot have a relationship with a higher ranking Army man, right?

It was sad to see Roland and the kids go. I never liked Joan, but he sendoff was nice, though the video of Roland with the older characters seemed thrown together.

Why does Denise's character seem so fake lately? It's like no matter what she does, it seems fake. Like when her husband walked in the door. She seemed so casual about it. It's like she isn't real. Even when she was talking about getting help for Tim to his wife, she seemed so robotic.

+ Reply to Thread