+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 6

Re: Army Wives - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Supposedly that was Kim Delaney's problem last season and why she was missing so much. I do recall her showing up at an important function in her real life and she could barely talk. She looked way out of it. I can't remember if it was drugs or alcohol.
    I read that Kim Delaney has had ongoing alcoholic problems for several years and that was the reason for her many absences from last season. I guess she had other shows over the years that she ended up having to leave for the same reason. It is rather sad because she is a wonderful actress, and has had treatment several times. I know she started out in soaps originally many years ago and think I remember it was All My Children, but not positive. I guess that is the reason that they decided to have her die on the show, but it is sad that they would not have had her missing as Deb70 suggested. I agree Deb with all the things you mentioned about not being right with the show. I have to give it a wait and see attitude to see if I will stick with it. I really loved this show when it started. I can't imagine Roxy not being on all the time because I know I will miss her, Trevor and the kids. Seemed like so much of the show was about her and her family.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

There have been rumors about Kim Delaney, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I watched the video of her trying to give a speech at a military banquet a couple of years ago, amidst the rumors she was drunk. I honestly, can't say she appeared drunk. IMO, she appeared confused and perhaps nervous. She was not well rehearsed. That's for sure. I guess that without proof, I will hold out that she wasn't drunk. HOWEVER, I do believe there was some reason for her absence from the show for so long. The fact that they never really gave a reason she left the show is very suspect. I suspect it had to be physical or mental reasons.

I remember Kim when we were both just kids. She played Jenny on All My Children. She was a very popular character with the younger viewers. I wish her the best. It's disappointing that she left a good job that way.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I remember her as Jenny from AMC as well...one "summer" she went on the run with Jesse, her (black) straight male platonic friend, they lived in a walk up tenement type apartment with Mrs.Gonzales, and overweight Hispanic older woman as the land lady....I remember being struck by how much more realistic their life was that what you usually see on soaps, the ethnic mix, not everyone skinny and made up, the ratty apt. She was the poor girl involved with the sweet but somewhat cowed rich boy, Greg...classic soap story---they were the "it" couple, a la Luke and Laura for quite a while. Really drew me in, in my early days of soap viewing. Well, talking like the actress is dead, not just the character! They killed Jenny as well. The rumors about her issues go way back, but it seems she can really deliver when she's all there. Hope it works out for her.
    elleprn and ilja like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Many people are really pouting over Kim's absence and her substance abuse issues. Any actor with her abilities would not just disappear unless it was something serious and she was really unreliable. Time i$ money.

I can only guess that the actor who plays Emmalin has gained weight or is pregnant. There can't be any other excuse as to why she looked like she did. She was very bizarre-looking.

As to Claudia Joy's cause of death, I guess she could have thrown a clot, or met with a fast-attacting virus that could have caused the heart failure. Extended plane travel and a blood clot tend to fit together, ala Tim Russert. Also, I've seen a virus take a person's heart out PDQ....unbelievably so.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So ... did anyone watch on Sunday?

It is weird because basically, the whole tribe is now gone except for Denise. Jackie is still there and Gloria ... but they are not original tribe.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They are threading in a lot of new people, I guess. Emmalin still looks 'not great', but she looked a little better; they seem to be shooting to hide her body.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched but missed the season opener and after reading the post from both threads I see I didn't miss much.
    I thought the whole episode was strange. Roland gone too. I wish they had just ended it last season or one of the previous seasons with a happier ending. I don't want to get invested with another group of Army wives, only to have the show cancelled.
    Emmalin looks? What about Denise? She looks too thin.

I was a little shocked that Roland is leaving. I guess there's no room for a single dad in that group.

REf. CJ's death. They said she was feeling fine. She just went up to her room for a nap and never got up. So, it doesn't sound like a virus. I'm sure the writers didn't spend much time on it.

I read that the actress that plays Emmalin is a real life hockey player. I just figured that she has built up a lot of muscle for her sport. They had no idea how to dress the girl though. It was like they were dressing a middle age housewive, not a college student.

Anyone know why CJ's parents didn't come to be with the family? She has parents because they are the ones she went to stay with right after her transplant. THey cared for her, so they at least mobile. Odd.

The character who came into sell her pies is straight from this movie I saw once. I'll try to recal the name. She saved her money and opened her own bakery. Anyone else see it? Why did they have to make this girl only 18 years old though. Too young, IMO.

Where is Jackie's husband?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She went up to take a nap and never came down....sounds like what happens to people on soaps! Which is where she started...

Actually, I DO know a person that has happened to. Shocking, to say the least. He was in his early 40s. Blood clot. An undiagnosed cardiac issue can cause that, too, and that could have been something they were walking around with all of their lives. Looking perfectly healthy one day, dead as heck the next.

+ Reply to Thread